Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
What is the best way to clean a cover? Big Washer at the Laundry Mat, Dry cleaners, scrub it down in the driveway, or???

What detergents are you guys/gals using?

Thanks
i have the most luck with no detergents but my boat is indoor and i only have dust issues i just hose it off on my lawn with high pressure and when its dry i scotchguard it. out door dirt may be a different story with bird poop issues and stuff like that. i have also done the dry cleaner thing. dont do it its expensive unless you got it like that:p

· Administrator
11,501 Posts
I have scrubbed down on the driveway with simple green solution. Seemed to work well. Do not put in the dryer (they shrink)... air dry.

· Got Beer?
423 Posts
It's been a long time since I had to clean it, but I left it on the boat - washed it as if I was washing the boat. After washing I took it off, rinsed the underside and hung to dry. Than went and washed the boat ~ worked for me;)

3,185 Posts
If its a fitted cover, you are going to want to throw the cover back on the boat when it is wet. Then when the cover is dry, remove it so the boat doesnt smell like crap.

Covers always shrink when they dry.

· Registered
3,281 Posts
Just curious, has anyone used Scotchgard on the cover to keep the repellent factor up?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.