Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy do you know the clearange between the shaft and the bowl bearings ? on Berkeley 12JE

thanks.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
a guy do you know the clearange between the shaft and the bowl bearings ? on Berkeley 12JE

thanks.
The shaft (new) has a measurement of 1.122 to 1.123 , new garlock/du bushings measure 1.125 (installed ID), Joe only Jacuzzi WJ uses A large bronze tailshaft bushing/support

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
i stand corrected. thanks tom. is it a roller bearing or a ball bearing or what type is it??
Neither...just a simple bushing type bearing > and there's two of them.
Thus, no need for fancy pants expensive lube > cheep-ass gear lube or even thick oil works just fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks,

it's because i just metallized my shaft because it was used where it have the seal....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how long between each lubrification of the bowl bearings ?

thanks in advance:thumb: my BBC is ready, this weekend i'll do my first ride of the season.:D

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
how long between each lubrification of the bowl bearings ?

thanks in advance:thumb: my BBC is ready, this weekend i'll do my first ride of the season.:D
assuming the bowl seal (around the shaft) holds well around your repaired shaft you should be able to fill it with 90 wt and simply periodically check it

btw not sure what the water distribution will be like given you inbound water plumbing its been my expirience water flow takes the path of least resistance and always best to have hoses equal length and simetrical may tend to run hotter (or colder)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts