Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brand is next BIACH!

I hope this is true and it does get finalized :) This should shake up LA next year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine the horror that Insane feels about someone the caliber of BD actually takes less money and wants to play for the Clips :)

Davis verbally agrees to go to Clippers, leave Warriors
ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 1, 2008, 8:32 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Baron Davis shocked the Warriors by opting out of his contract on Monday. Imagine their surprise now.

Davis

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the guard reached a verbal agreement with the Clippers on Tuesday night and will sign a new multiyear contract with Los Angeles after the leaguewide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 9.

Davis was in line to make $17.8 million in the last year of his deal with the Warriors, but after telling the team that he wanted to stay, opted out at the last minute.

Sources told ESPN.com that Davis, 29, will receive a five-year deal worth an estimated $65 million.

Forward Elton Brand also opted out of his contract with the Clippers on Monday, and speculation quickly began that the team would try to keep Brand and sign Davis. This scenario is only possible if the Clippers renounce the rights of Corey Maggette and Brand takes a slight pay cut.

Sources say the Clippers are expected to do just that and quickly reach a verbal agreement to bring back Brand.

Maggette opted out of his deal on Monday as well.

Davis averaged 21.8 points, 7.6 assists and 4.7 rebounds last season for a Warriors team that won 48 games but did not make the playoffs.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I wouldn't be surprised if Insane decides NOT to post in here just because he would not want to give credit where credit is due. Probably out yelling at the kids playing soccer again. Possibly he is at the hospital after hearing the news of this trade and kicking the shit out of his TV and hurting his foot--The only one left after that historical loss :)

Think about this for a moment Insane....After Brand signs WHAT IF his buddy CM decides to come back and play for the Clips at a bargain price also? That would be BD, EB and CM all taking less money than FMV to stay on and play for their Los Angeles team....Ya, the Clippers :)

I still don't see anybody knocking on the door to play for the Lakers except for that nut from up North. One problem is he is under contract because he did not opt out :)

Anyhow....good day to be a Clippers fan :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Insane decides NOT to post in here just because he would not want to give credit where credit is due. Probably out yelling at the kids playing soccer again. Possibly he is at the hospital after hearing the news of this trade and kicking the shit out of his TV and hurting his foot--The only one left after that historical loss :)

Think about this for a moment Insane....After Brand signs WHAT IF his buddy CM decides to come back and play for the Clips at a bargain price also? That would be BD, EB and CM all taking less money than FMV to stay on and play for their Los Angeles team....Ya, the Clippers :)

I still don't see anybody knocking on the door to play for the Lakers except for that nut from up North. One problem is he is under contract because he did not opt out :)

Anyhow....good day to be a Clippers fan :)
Good pick up by the Clippers. Maybe now they can put up a good game against the Lakers. :D FYI, the Clippers are one of like three teams that have cap room and the only one that wants a guard. Please don't get confused by the Lakers being way over the cap as no one wanting to play for them. Matter of fact before Golden State, BD wanted to play with the Lakers but Kupcake did not get it done.

·
Next to this Hottie.
2,234 Posts
I doubt CM signs with the clippers now, the only way to get Baron is to renounce CM's contract rights. CM probably goes to Orlando where his parents live. Plust, they have Thorton now and CM does not like playing for Dunlevy, it would be nice, but I doubt the Clippers spend any more money after signing Davis and Brand.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt CM signs with the clippers now, the only way to get Baron is to renounce CM's contract rights. CM probably goes to Orlando where his parents live. Plust, they have Thorton now and CM does not like playing for Dunlevy, it would be nice, but I doubt the Clippers spend any more money after signing Davis and Brand.
I know...that was a cattle prod meant for Insane :)

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
acatitude
IDGAF

Yup Davis gets the Maggette money and Brand takes less but longer term.. win win

guess I called that one

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
acatitude
IDGAF

Yup Davis gets the Maggette money and Brand takes less but longer term.. win win

guess I called that one

Yep...you were on it. I still can't believe they pulled this off and won't entirely until he is signed :)

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
wow, talk about insane, I just skimmed over that crap. lol.

The ONLY reason the clippers got Baron, is because they are in Los Angeles and the Lakers cannot take him on. PERIOD! :)

I am still not concerned with the clippers, Dallas got Jason Kidd and still sucked, it will be interesting to see what they can do. But just remember, the Lakers are a little seasoned compared to the clippers now. :D

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
PS: When will DILLF and ACATITS get married? you two have been in love with each other for too long now to be casual. ;) :D

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
PS: When will DILLF and ACATITS get married? you two have been in love with each other for too long now to be casual. ;) :D
Man that got to you.... lol

LMAO. well you keep standing in line at Kobe's front door every halloween in your 24 Jersey and nut suck him.... you just never know , maybe your dream will come true......:)hand

PS.... No haters allowed in this thread,,,, lol;)

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, talk about insane, I just skimmed over that crap. lol.

The ONLY reason the clippers got Baron, is because they are in Los Angeles and the Lakers cannot take him on. PERIOD! :)

I am still not concerned with the clippers, Dallas got Jason Kidd and still sucked, it will be interesting to see what they can do. But just remember, the Lakers are a little seasoned compared to the clippers now. :D

Is that all you got? No congrats to the Clippers for being the talk of the off-season and doing what it takes to move on up?

So...if this all comes together as is will the Clippers make the playoffs next year?

Why can't you just give some credit where due? I bet your son is excited and happy for the Clips isn't he? There is still hope! lol

Sad really that you can't give any team credit except for the Lakers...........

As far as this marriage thing you speak of....This is not the VDrive section so take that crap somewhere else.

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
Man that got to you.... lol

LMAO. well you keep standing in line at Kobe's front door every halloween in your 24 Jersey and nut suck him.... you just never know , maybe your dream will come true......:)hand
Ok, and you keep following around DILLF like a high school girl who had a one night stand with him and never got a call back! ;) :D

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So....I am still waiting for the All-Star player that wants to come and play for the Lakers at a discounted rate..........You know, just so they can say they played with Kobe.

Where are all the players that want to come and play for the Lakers?

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
Is that all you got? No congrats to the Clippers for being the talk of the off-season and doing what it takes to move on up?

So...if this all comes together as is will the Clippers make the playoffs next year?

Why can't you just give some credit where due? I bet your son is excited and happy for the Clips isn't he? There is still hope! lol

Sad really that you can't give any team credit except for the Lakers...........

As far as this marriage thing you speak of....This is not the VDrive section so take that crap somewhere else.
I definitely give them credit for pulling off this deal, BUT it was basically handed to them by BD wanting to come back to LA...Baylor is not a GM stud. :) Basically they have a VERY good guy in EB who was willing to throw some of his money out to be competitive. Props to EB more than the clippers organization.

Now lets see what they can do! Atleast the Lakers will not have blowouts against them now. :)sphss

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, and you keep following around DILLF like a high school girl who had a one night stand with him and never got a call back! ;) :D
I am starting to see you have bi tendency issues Insane.....Needs to go into the "other" section....lol

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
I definitely give them credit for pulling off this deal, BUT it was basically handed to them by BD wanting to come back to LA...Baylor is not a GM stud. :) Basically they have a VERY good guy in EB who was willing to throw some of his money out to be competitive. Props to EB more than the clippers organization.

Now lets see what they can do! Atleast the Lakers will not have blowouts against them now. :)sphss
You are focking dillusional and really insane, insane... How can you sit there and whine about it being handed to them, when every basketball GM knows the Lakers were handed Gasol for nothing...You contradict yourself almost every post you make... Classic:|err

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

The Lakers are walking right into a buzzsaw...Mark my words. Take the Clips in their first game against the Lakers next year.

Handed to them????????? Hasn't EB won Executive of the Year before? :) Can't stand the fact that an All-Star wanted to come to the Clippers and give up apx $8M per year AND the current All-Star on the team EB is going to take less money to make it all happen. This scenario is coming from the LA camp and it sure as hell isn't Kobe giving up money or someone wanting to play with him.

Funny how you are always spouting about how players will COME to the Lakers but they don't. Not since Kobe became the man.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are focking dillusional and really insane, insane... How can you sit there and whine about it being handed to them, when every basketball GM knows the Lakers were handed Gasol for nothing...You contradict yourself almost every post you make... Classic:|err
He is afterall.....INSANE!

haha

1 - 20 of 214 Posts