Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Thank you for your help with my Lightning Boat question. That deal went to someone else, co I have continued hunting. I'm going to look at a Commander 24' Signature boat, with a mid cuddy/open bow, 496HO and a Bravo One X drive.

I tried to get a hold of Commander to ask questions, but the number on their website is not picking up. Does anyone own one, been in one, can tell me any good or bad. I do not want to start a war, just looking for some info.

Thank you,

Terry

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
I don't know much about commander but would reccomend a 27-29' boat if you want the mid cuddy open bow. The mid cabin on a 24 will be really small. How much are you lookig to spend?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
If you like that size range you ought to check out Nordic 25. They are very popular and there are alot of them for sale and you can pick one up pretty inexpensive right now.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not looking for anything too big. We spend most of our time on the Parker Strip. We do like to ski, wakeboard, & tube, so I would not want something too big to try and tow riders or turn and pick them up.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Its good to see that you are asking questions before impulse buying. In this market right now you should really do your homework. Lots of great deals out there especially on voluntary repos from banks. Check out www.lbys.com and ask for michele (tell her dave from austin texas referred you), or check out www.boulderboats.com or www.yachtauctions.com They have lots of voluntary repos and US Customs seizures. Low bid everything.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I'm not looking for anything too big. We spend most of our time on the Parker Strip. We do like to ski, wakeboard, & tube, so I would not want something too big to try and tow riders or turn and pick them up.
Are you looking at the one Boulder Boats has? Commander doesn't get the best kudo's around here, but for under 30k with a 496HO, thats a great deal.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you looking at the one Boulder Boats has? Commander doesn't get the best kudo's around here, but for under 30k with a 496HO, thats a great deal.
I can neither confirm nor deny this. I'm heading out that way tomorrow for a job and I thought I would take a look. I thought it was a good deal too!

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
230 Cobra Razor Bitchen boat for a great price, the owner is self proclaimed OCD. You should at least do yourself a favor and look at it if nothing else... :)
That thing is gorgeous. I would put my reccomendation on this as well. As a fellow cobra owner I can tell you they build a fantastic boat. My wife and I have been nothing less than WOW'd by every aspect of ours.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its good to see that you are asking questions before impulse buying. In this market right now you should really do your homework. Lots of great deals out there especially on voluntary repos from banks. Check out www.lbys.com and ask for michele (tell her dave from austin texas referred you), or check out www.boulderboats.com or www.yachtauctions.com They have lots of voluntary repos and US Customs seizures. Low bid everything.
Thanks for the info. I actually have been tracking their website for a couple months. The 23' Lightning I was looking at was a repo, but I missed it by a day.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
230 Cobra Razor Bitchen boat for a great price, the owner is self proclaimed OCD. You should at least do yourself a favor and look at it if nothing else... :)
That thing is gorgeous. I would put my reccomendation on this as well. As a fellow cobra owner I can tell you they build a fantastic boat. My wife and I have been nothing less than WOW'd by every aspect of ours.
i would have to agree as well. this boat is beautiful and is a deal.

·
Green Go
376 Posts
I own a 26 Signature and it's been a pretty good boat. For the money the Commanders go for, you can't go wrong. Is it on par with other boat builders, perhaps not, but I doubt you'd be dissapointed. PM me if you want further details.

Also, as stated before, I think you will find that a mid cabin in the 24 will probably be too small. Would probably do you some service to at least look at a 25-26 plus mid cabins. ;)

·
The King
1,107 Posts
I have a 2000 Commander 2300XL and I've been very happy with it. It is solidly built and hasn't had any problems. Some of the ballers like their rigging with a few more zip ties (alright, that's an understatement, but you get my point) and I'd buy another Commander in a heart beat. The 496HO and the Bravo 1 X-Drive speak for themselves.

Good luck.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Honestly if it fits your budget and you like the looks, and the way it handles go for it. Just make sure you don't offer what they are "asking" always go in lower.

Hey if it gets you out on the water to have fun with the family thats all that matters.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
OCD is an understatement...lol

We took it in for service 2 weeks ago while in Parker and he wouldn't splash it because he's afraid of water spots...lol

I think there is a little wiggle room on the price but the boat shows better than new:)devil

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
I don't know much about commander but would reccomend a 27-29' boat if you want the mid cuddy open bow. The mid cabin on a 24 will be really small. How much are you lookig to spend?
I think the 25' Shockwave would make for a great lake/river boat. The Cuddy on the Tremor is amazingly big for that size boat:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts