Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Brad, Black to white and on the water that quick.......Nice!:D

How was it the 1st time out?
its a whole different beast.....

the raspberry plowed through the chop and rode like a caddy....this thing wants to dance on the chop. im still getting used to it and getting confident driving it....the first time i drove it was saturday morning in the first heat....

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
what a hoot!! Wished I coulda made it to the bar with ol' Eason though!! Party til yuh puke PAT!!:|err

·
cj812
503 Posts
since everyone is talking about the fastest jet boat, i'll post these and see if they want to come out and play:|err the cj boats are all in the mid to high 80's:)devil these were all taken from socaljetboats.com

lets see your race boat go 100mph in this water:|err

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
I think we have some with more than a little crack!!
Lance, it was nice to meet you and you did a great job, hope you come out and run some more.

As for the cj72 entry, we were just plain lucky all weekend !

Here is the deal, Thursday evening two days before the second race of the '08 season I broke a rod in testing here on the river. The broken rod did damage to the #2 piston it was conected to and the block. I did not have any spare pistons of that same design. So my team and I went to work with a big band aid. We first smoothed and blended the remains of the pistons then took a wheel cylinder hone to the pin bore. After that we took a carbide bur to the block bore to remore the larger amount of hammered block in the cyl. Then took a cartrage roll to smooth it out even more. The being we did not have another con rod we too a bone stock car rod drilled a hole in the top for oil and the took the same brake cyl hone to it to float the pin. got it all back together and buttoned up at 2:30am sat morning and hit the road for Bakersfield to make the first heat to try and salvage some points. I knew the engine was hurt and I was on barrowed time but I had to chance it, the crew worked there asses off, and they deserved something. The engine ran great made 4 cj heats and 1 nj heat subbing for the cj812. We are still the cj points leader and that was all we wanted to accomplish for this race. Thanks to all involved, the jets had a great weekend.

Great post Ralph, but I think they would shit themselves.

Thanks to: Paul @ High Flow Dynamics, Brad, Scott & Mike @ CP Performance, Scott @ Foxwell Motorsports, My entire crew, Greg @ GS Marine, Toby @ Atlas Plastering Donna @ e-PerformanceMarine and Josh @ Independant Street Rods

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
We smoothed and blended the remains of the pistons then took a wheel cylinder hone to the pin bore.

we took a carbide bur to the block bore

Then took a cartrage roll to smooth it out even more.

took a bone stock car rod drilled a hole in the top for oil and the took the same brake cyl hone to it to float the pin
:))eek:)):))eek:)):))eek:)):))eek:)):))eek:))

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Damn Jim, sounds like fun. Glad it worked out for you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts