Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
November 27, 2012

The problem I have is the replacement seals for this belt drive don’t fit. I ordered some from Summit Racing and the order shipped from Comp.

The replacement Cam seal diameter is too small. :)Unsure

Has anyone had this issue?

Willis

Attachments

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
Where's the orange hammer?:happy:

Actually, I haven't bought a new seal in a couple months, but the last few I got fit just nice. Do you happen to have the dimension of the bore of your part? Perhaps it was a bit on the wide side.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Willis, go to a seal supply and get one there, take the parts with you and have them cross reference, that seal doesnt look like anything special from what I see. I see the "CR" on the seal, probably a common seal.

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
CR 21069 usa

Willis, go to a seal supply and get one there, take the parts with you and have them cross reference, that seal doesnt look like anything special from what I see. I see the "CR" on the seal, probably a common seal.

The seal has this number on it CR 21069 USA

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where's the orange hammer?:happy:

Actually, I haven't bought a new seal in a couple months, but the last few I got fit just nice. Do you happen to have the dimension of the bore of your part? Perhaps it was a bit on the wide side.
six,

What was the part # and the color of the seal?

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Take that to a seal house, they will set you up. Willing to bet its not a special seal.

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
COMP CAM New Part # 6200CS2-1

November 28, 2012

Thanks people,
Comp Cams has responded with this info::)Unsure
Upper Cam Seal for #6200 & #6300 (2 .770" O .D .) = 6200CS-1
Upper Cam Seal for #6200 & #6300 (2 .845" O .D .) = 6200CS2-1

The new part# is 6200CS2-1

It is larger than the 6200CS-1

We have them in stock.

·
Registered
692 Posts
The orange hammer is the seal of approval, judging from the pics I have seen in the past...:happy:

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
The orange hammer is the seal of approval, judging from the pics I have seen in the past...:happy:
I figured it was a deal like the American Choppers guys, where everything gets a whack from a hammer. Seal? No Problem... got a hammer for that. Bolt? No problem... got a hammer for that. Toggle switch? You guessed it... Hammer Time! I swear those guys must have had an entire roll-away tool box full of different hammers to beat shit together with. At least Willis just has the special orange hammer.:happy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts