Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I are going to start building a boat to go racing circles for the 2014 season what would be the best choice of hull and pump? Im thinking of getting a Rogers but since I`m into V-Drives Im totally lost... But my buddy has good reason to love CJ`s and I think it looks like a awesome time driving it..Plus my wife has never said anything about anything except expressing concerning about a prop boat if I was going to do this she rather she me drive a jet and since shes a great women I can do this..However I do enjoy the jets at the drags their awesome..
However another friend has offered up his running (455 Olds) with 1/2 stringers / false floor, MGF 18`-00" Challenger or Charger boat for $3,500 its a pretty nice solid boat he just hasnt used it in years but the the motor/pump are useless to what we want to do with it... another concern about this boat is that how strong is this type of hull and would it be a runner with a Badass motor/pump? Thanks for the opinions, Tom

·
Registered
744 Posts
Comp Jet requires full stringer boats. 18' flat deck Rogers seem to be the most prefered, from what i've heard.
We ran a 19' Rogers for 3 years and did okay.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Comp Jet requires full stringer boats. 18' flat deck Rogers seem to be the most prefered, from what i've heard.
We ran a 19' Rogers for 3 years and did okay.
Rogers seam to be a decent speed boat but lack the control a few other boats that are out there, I think the Liberty's are the best all around boat they are a little less forgiving and do take a bit more skill IMO to drive correctly. I had a rare Eliminator CJ built boat that was a good boat to me.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Rogers seam to be a decent speed boat but lack the control a few other boats that are out there, I think the Liberty's are the best all around boat they are a little less forgiving and do take a bit more skill IMO to drive correctly. I had a rare Eliminator CJ built boat that was a good boat to me.
Was the Eliminator called "Warlock" back in the day ? :happy:

·
Just Me
4,068 Posts
Which bottom was on the Eliminator? I'll assume it was one of the semi-V bottoms but was it the one with or without the spoon?

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Which bottom was on the Eliminator? I'll assume it was one of the semi-V bottoms but was it the one with or without the spoon?
Not sure it had similarities to Liberty's and round keel bubble deck Eliminator

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Im still curious how one of those biesemeyer jet hulls would perform. I know there are guys that said they dont turn worth a crap but i dont think any of them really put any time into the setup either.
theres one in idaho it owns the kilo record and seems to do pretty good in the circles

·
Registered
31 Posts
My buddy and I are going to start building a boat to go racing circles for the 2014 season what would be the best choice of hull and pump? Im thinking of getting a Rogers but since I`m into V-Drives Im totally lost... But my buddy has good reason to love CJ`s and I think it looks like a awesome time driving it..Plus my wife has never said anything about anything except expressing concerning about a prop boat if I was going to do this she rather she me drive a jet and since shes a great women I can do this..However I do enjoy the jets at the drags their awesome..
However another friend has offered up his running (455 Olds) with 1/2 stringers / false floor, MGF 18`-00" Challenger or Charger boat for $3,500 its a pretty nice solid boat he just hasnt used it in years but the the motor/pump are useless to what we want to do with it... another concern about this boat is that how strong is this type of hull and would it be a runner with a Badass motor/pump? Thanks for the opinions, Tom
Go to a CJ race and look at the boats out there. Roger's have good speed and turn on the pin. Also Roger's have been US1 three years in a row. Would have to say a Rogers is the way to go. Flat deck if you can find one.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Yep, pretty sure Marks boat is a D'Cucci
Well I guess I stand corrected its a D'Cucci.

US1 is great and all but it's bought and not 1 of the rogers holding US1 out turned or ran a 85mph Eliminator:captain:

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Really Sounds like the typical "I suck so I use the its all money excuse to cover for my failures and ignorance

ignorance is the guy commenting on something he has no clue about. Go to bed oldtimer

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts