Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Upstanding Member
12,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this to see how many hits it generates in a 24 hr time frame. I know most of the guys in here are Dragboat guys so I'm not expecting much. :) If you want to watch it in higher resolution click this link and select "watch in higher quality".

·
Damage Inc
433 Posts
Wow, Bitchen Video!
That's better than the last time I saw Comp Jet ran (maybe '05?)!
Is there still an 80mph limit?

Maybe I should talk to a guy I know...

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
I believe last year at Burley (as seen in the video) it was comp jet without the 80mph limit.

As of Thanksgiving '07, we are now running CompJet in the SCSC as a probationary class in hopes to bring it back as a national class in the APBA.

We still run Nostalgia Jet which is a good entry level class to get some seat time in.

Major differences between Comp Jet and Nostalgia Jet are as follows:

Comp Jet
514 Cubic Inch MAX
No Forced Induction
No Fuel Additives (NOS)
No Speed Limit

Nostalgia Jet (aka "run whatcha brung")
Unlimited Size Motor
Blowers/Turbos allowed
80.9mph speed limit monitored by GPS

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
That's cool shit!!!
Great video!!

Used to do some engines for a guy named John Fox out of Everett Wa. back in the late 80's. He held a world record in one of those classes, I think 1 or 1.5 mile closed course? Not sure what class it was, but it was a 500+ci injected deal in a jet.
Never did go see him race so that is the first time I have seen circle boats other than Unlimited Hydro's.

Very Cool!!!! :)devil

·
Spiral out
1,545 Posts
That's cool shit!!!
Great video!!

Used to do some engines for a guy named John Fox out of Everett Wa. back in the late 80's. He held a world record in one of those classes, I think 1 or 1.5 mile closed course? Not sure what class it was, but it was a 500+ci injected deal in a jet.
Never did go see him race so that is the first time I have seen circle boats other than Unlimited Hydro's.

Very Cool!!!! :)devil
I'm fairly sure he owns all the records in the CompJet class....at least the last time I looked.

He was the one to finally take the Kilo record away from the boat I own.....:)st.....but it did take a tunnel to beat it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts