Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My screen has made everything larger. All the icons, text, everything. I went into setting and it all looks to be normal. What did i do????

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Do a complete shut down, then power it back on.
sometimes applications change resolution(games)

you can right click on the desktop go to properties, then settings tab,
check the screen resolution there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have shut it down. It is running larger like it is in safe mode. The screen resolution shows that it is set on the default setting as well as the DPI setting

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
What is the resolution set to? 800x600, 1024x768, etc?

Not always likely, but you might have lost the video driver as well.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Mine's got a little tool bar in the lower right corner and read's in percent ie 100% to 400% click on the 100% it should get you back to normal size.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine's got a little tool bar in the lower right corner and read's in percent ie 100% to 400% click on the 100% it should get you back to normal size.
It is just like it doubled in size.. 200% but I do not see anything like that on my screen. My wife was cleaning the keyboard and mouse the other day so it seems like something was pressed or changed.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
It is just like it doubled in size.. 200% but I do not see anything like that on my screen. My wife was cleaning the keyboard and mouse the other day so it seems like something was pressed or changed.
How about the upper right corner of the tool bar it say's page, click on it and zoom out.

Also try CTRL - .........hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If the size of the monitor is like 19" LCD or above 1024X768 is not enough it should be about 1280x1024.

If it is just the Browser window and not windows desktop hold down the Ctrl key and use the mouse scroll button to zoom in and out.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You sure the DPI setting is set to "normal" and not "large"? Should be like 96dpi.
Trying to think of what else might cause everything to change size, that's all I can come up with right now if the resolution is good.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Hmmm, just gots me this new 20" HANNSPREE monitor.
Settings...
Screen Resolution > 1280 X 720
Zoom > 125%
Text Size > med

The above seems to be working real well for my old eyes. :))eek:))

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If the size of the monitor is like 19" LCD or above 1024X768 is not enough it should be about 1280x1024.

If it is just the Browser window and not windows desktop hold down the Ctrl key and use the mouse scroll button to zoom in and out.
Nothing fancy, just a 17"hp. Default setting is 1024x768. Everything is larger from internet, tool bar, start menu, icons. Its just like when it runs in safe mode???

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You sure the DPI setting is set to "normal" and not "large"? Should be like 96dpi.
Trying to think of what else might cause everything to change size, that's all I can come up with right now if the resolution is good.
Yes, set to normal 96. Just did a system restore from last week when everything was fine and it is still large.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts