Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been watching Conan pretty regularly. He's toned down from his previous slot and I see him in a better light. But he just doesn't seem to quite get there. Some skits are funny, some are pretty drab, same with his jokes. Have yet to see a real outstanding show.

He doesn't seem to take a lot of time with his guests and they never seem to bond like Leno and Carson did with guests....

The Wife thinks he is goiing down unless they inject some life into the show very soon. She thinks he's just to in to himself and doesn't have any energy with guests and staff.

Will NBC seek a replacement??????

·
waiting sucks
981 Posts
I would agree with what you said and add that he is freakin weirdo... Never really cared for him.

I'm just waiting for Jay to return, i think its going to be good...

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I've found one, maybe two funny things from him, but I've never been able to understand how he got a show.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've always called him Gonad OBrian, and agree with your wife.
I don't see how he holds an audiance. Way too sophmoric for my head.

Ken

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
I just don't get him at all. :)sphss

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Nay on Conan
40 or so years of watching the tonight show, and I just pass on it now
Conan just does not fit, Kind of like Drew Carey replacing Bob Barker...it just doesn't work.

waiting for Jay to return:)devil

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Conan can be pretty darn funny. He did get a talking to from upstairs though.
I'd rather watch Conan than Dave anyday.

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
30 years of tonight show watching, never cared for Dave at all, didn't care for Leno at first but came to really enjoy him so I gave Conan a chance. Tried and tried but now Dave is looking pretty good. Damn I miss jonny and Ed, that was a team

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Who's Conan? :p:p:p
Watched about 5 minutes of it last night, freestyle MX stuff and wanted to watch Cobra Starship with my daughter, one of her favorite bands right now.
Other than that I haven't watched any of it, Conan is creepy looking

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Been watching Conan pretty regularly. He's toned down from his previous slot and I see him in a better light. But he just doesn't seem to quite get there. Some skits are funny, some are pretty drab, same with his jokes. Have yet to see a real outstanding show.

He doesn't seem to take a lot of time with his guests and they never seem to bond like Leno and Carson did with guests....

The Wife thinks he is goiing down unless they inject some life into the show very soon. She thinks he's just to in to himself and doesn't have any energy with guests and staff.

Will NBC seek a replacement??????
I would agree with what you said and add that he is freakin weirdo... Never really cared for him.

I'm just waiting for Jay to return, i think its going to be good...
I've found one, maybe two funny things from him, but I've never been able to understand how he got a show.
I've always called him Gonad OBrian, and agree with your wife.
I don't see how he holds an audiance. Way too sophmoric for my head.

Ken
I just don't get him at all. :)sphss
Nay on Conan
40 or so years of watching the tonight show, and I just pass on it now
Conan just does not fit, Kind of like Drew Carey replacing Bob Barker...it just doesn't work.

waiting for Jay to return:)devil
Who's Conan? :p:p:p
Watched about 5 minutes of it last night, freestyle MX stuff and wanted to watch Cobra Starship with my daughter, one of her favorite bands right now.
Other than that I haven't watched any of it, Conan is creepy looking
Have to agree with all of above. He is just goofy and not sure how he ever lasted as long as he has. About 10 minutes is all I can take and just switch if off. I don't watch TV much anyway so no big loss, I did enjoy Jay though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts