Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will let TN have the honor with the details tell but I must say that his engine is the 2nd best 496 that I have ever had the pleasure of putting a Straub camshaft in

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
C'mon with it mike!! Saw the warm up vid on fb

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Whata Beast !!!! Damn thing made almost 900 Hp.

Big thanks to Scott Foxwell and Chris Straub for this one, turned out awesome.

If anybody needs anything done engine wise these are the guys to call. 1st class all the way :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
it was putting a kink in my neck :happy:

Looks like the fuel was going left when the air was going right. Imagine the power it could have made if you fixed that. :54:
You let Foxwell play with that manifold? :D

View attachment 500361

Ya he rubbed on it alittle ;)

She's fat but gonna see what it does when I get off this mountain.

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
it was putting a kink in my neck :happy:

Looks like the fuel was going left when the air was going right. Imagine the power it could have made if you fixed that. :54:
You let Foxwell play with that manifold? :D

View attachment 500361
Do you think a stack MFI would work :)eh:) on that beast

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Mike had the short block built by someone closer to where he lives. I worked the Canfields and the TR, and Straub did the magic wand. Mike came out Wed night and we spent yesterday getting the engine assembled and ready for the dyno.
Fuel was plenty fat on this one. Probably another 10-15 in getting that cleaned up. First pull right out of the gate was 850 hp. 678 tq. Spent most of the day chasing an oil pressure issue. Once we got it sorted out, removing one quart was worth almost 30hp. We did a lash change and a timing change.
Day on the dyno; 42hp, 24lbs ft. lbs ft.
She's stout to say the least. :))THumbsUp

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
now he'll need to go get a physical and a license...
Lol yep.

it sounds wicked in the warm up vid mike did you get a pull vid? Congrats on a awesome piece!!

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Should run 9.00 in the Cheyenne on the motor.
I told him the same thing... if he gets the boat dialed in this thing should be all over a low to 9.0. :))THumbsUp

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Lol yep.

it sounds wicked in the warm up vid mike did you get a pull vid? Congrats on a awesome piece!!
I have a cell phone vid of one of the pulls. I'll try to figure how to get in on the web. It definitely sounds wicked. :))THumbsUp

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Nice, you guys sharing any particulars on the build.
No real secret here. It's a basic 496, Canfield 310 head, tunnel ram engine with the right cam. Doesn't even have a crank trigger. It does have a Jesel belt drive and a big ol Stef's oil pan. It's a little bit of a mis-matched combination that Chris brought together with a damn good cam shaft. I think he gets most of the credit on this one. ;)

·
northern member
602 Posts
Do you think a stack MFI would work :)eh:) on that beast
should of built a LSX:grin: lol ..... nice 496 focker looks like a freight train through 6500 on the dyno sheet :))THumbsUp

1 - 20 of 117 Posts