Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted and I am certainly late in getting this out.

Congrates to Steve, his crew and the boat owner who posted a top speed in the single engine tunnel bottom catagory of 119 MPH in the Desert Storm shootout. For those who were not there, this was a big achievement as the water conditions were big time rough.

Nice boat Steve!

Phil

·
Because KAP said so...
273 Posts
I don't know if this has been posted and I am certainly late in getting this out.

Congrates to Steve, his crew and the boat owner who posted a top speed in the single engine tunnel bottom catagory of 119 MPH in the Desert Storm shootout. For those who were not there, this was a big achievement as the water conditions were big time rough.

Nice boat Steve!

Phil
Thanks Phil,

That is my little RPM, yes the water conditions were far from ideal, I believe I stayed in the air more than I did in the water, believe it or not I was below 100mph about 100yards from the radar boat after I had to get out of it for the 10th time when I just pinned it and grabbed the wheel with both hands. I was so frustrated that the water was like that I really planned on putting a impressive number down:)devilbut I am not disapointed at all that she ran 119mph. I must say though without Steve Tripp owner of Revolution Performance Marine, and Mark Boos @ Precision Marine, none of this would have been possible, Steve really builds an awesome boat and Mark realy works wonders on every motor he does, I really had a great time, and I am looking forward to next year already.

The only gripe I have is I believe they should have the whole course as a "No Wake" after my first run of the day, right before lunch which was only 108mph, I was taking water over the bow just geting on plane heading back to the landing, trust me I wanted it to have a good 18" chop, but not a 3 to 5' washing machine:)st.

Here are a few shots of how rough it was, first I am 2' out of the air, and as you can see from the cockpit camera I am going over 110mph and I have the throtle pulled all the way back, FUN FUN FUN:D

Does anyone know what the eliminator that ran 114mph has for top speed?

Thanks Again for the plug Phil,
Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Phil,

We really enjoyed meeting you guys out there. Thanks for the kind words.

The conditions were definitely rough during the shoot out. I am absolutely not disappointed in the speed given the conditions and the short course. I was hoping for a little better conditions but I wont complain.

Steve

Nice boat Steve!

Phil

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Thanks Phil,

That is my little RPM, yes the water conditions were far from ideal, I believe I stayed in the air more than I did in the water, believe it or not I was below 100mph about 100yards from the radar boat after I had to get out of it for the 10th time when I just pinned it and grabbed the wheel with both hands. I was so frustrated that the water was like that I really planned on putting a impressive number down:)devilbut I am not disapointed at all that she ran 119mph. I must say though without Steve Tripp owner of Revolution Performance Marine, and Mark Boos @ Precision Marine, none of this would have been possible, Steve really builds an awesome boat and Mark realy works wonders on every motor he does, I really had a great time, and I am looking forward to next year already.

The only gripe I have is I believe they should have the whole course as a "No Wake" after my first run of the day, right before lunch which was only 108mph, I was taking water over the bow just geting on plane heading back to the landing, trust me I wanted it to have a good 18" chop, but not a 3 to 5' washing machine:)st.

Here are a few shots of how rough it was, first I am 2' out of the air, and as you can see from the cockpit camera I am going over 110mph and I have the throtle pulled all the way back, FUN FUN FUN:D

Does anyone know what the eliminator that ran 114mph has for top speed?

Thanks Again for the plug Phil,
Jeff

Great number, it's a good thing that boat flies nice and level, sure looks small in the pic though for a 26'...They do need to make some adjustments to keep the water better for next year for better speed numbers and overall safety as well...congrats on your run...

R

·
0 Posts
Congrats Jeff. Water may have sucked, but it made for one awesome photo op! Very cool :))THumbsUp

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
I love this RPM - congrats and great work. Sweet pics!

Phil - do you still have your DCB? Your boat is the first DCB I saw where I said 'I want one of those.' And then, I build a M26 :)

Roln 20s

·
Because KAP said so...
273 Posts
Thanks everyone, like I said I couldn't have done any of this if it wasn't for Steve @ RPM and Mark @ Precision Marine, I am really counting the days until next year...:D

David,

So has Wendy talked you into joining the RPM family???:p Wish we could have hooked up on Sunday so we could take each other for a ride, hopefully we can hook up in the future, it was great meeting you and Wendy...

Jeff

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,163 Posts
Thanks everyone, like I said I couldn't have done any of this if it wasn't for Steve @ RPM and Mark @ Precision Marine, I am really counting the days until next year...:D

David,

So has Wendy talked you into joining the RPM family???:p Wish we could have hooked up on Sunday so we could take each other for a ride, hopefully we can hook up in the future, it was great meeting you and Wendy...

Jeff

She has not yet:) I know by the time I looked at my phone and got your message it was like 4 hours later. Thanks for the invite it would have been great to ride along for a few stops. And yes will see each other again.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts

David,

Jeff
You coming to Aquapalooza with Brad Paisley concert in July? Prob wont get on the water since the concert is across the lake from where i live and there are gonna be hundreds of boats with crazies on it not familiar with the lake.

·
Because KAP said so...
273 Posts
You coming to Aquapalooza with Brad Paisley concert in July? Prob wont get on the water since the concert is across the lake from where i live and there are gonna be hundreds of boats with crazies on it not familiar with the lake.
Sounds like fun Dave, when is it...:D

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
They are waiting on someone to step up to the plate and do one...KAP HELLO KAP ARE YOU THERE:p
Reply:

Well imagine that outboards on a 26 Redline. Have I told you how much I like that idea and it would be hella fast with lots of storage, unique and be able to run with the big boys.

I had the idea what last year when I was doing the dialing in on the X drive. Charley is on to something in my opinion---great minds think alike...;):D.

There is no waiting I can pull the trigger now---you know that :)devil your such an instigator :D.

I'm waiting on the 32 RPM due out this fall bigger badder and oh so fasttt ie...triple digits plus plus. I had to do that to Steve! Hey! I might stop over next month I will be in your neck of the woods!

KAP

P.S. I forgot to congratulate RPM aka Steve Tripp and Jeff Ford great Shootout and awesome friends we had a great time:)devil at DSPR 2010.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Reply:

Well imagine that outboards on a 26 Redline. Have I told you how much I like that idea and it would be hella fast with lots of storage, unique and be able to run with the big boys.

I had the idea what last year when I was doing the dialing in on the X drive. Charley is on to something in my opinion---great minds think alike...;):D.

There is no waiting I can pull the trigger now---you know that :)devil your such an instigator :D.

I'm waiting on the 32 RPM due out this fall bigger badder and oh so fasttt ie...triple digits plus plus. I had to do that to Steve! Hey! I might stop over next month I will be in your neck of the woods!

KAP

P.S. I forgot to congratulate RPM aka Steve Tripp and Jeff Ford great Shootout and awesome friends we had a great time:)devil at DSPR 2010.

:D

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I still have the DCB. It's hard to believe that this is my 10th season on the boat. Many, many great years of boating and it never gets old to me.

·
Boat Nut
550 Posts
Reply:

I actually spoke with RPM back when I first starting looking into a twin o/b package. Unfortunately they weren't too keen on the idea and wanted to keep their focus on/as single i/o as that was where they had the experience. If they decide to try it and get the input needed, i'm sure it would be a rocket and great boat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts