Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
HELLO PEOPLE!!! lol

Guy pulls the thing through the rain/snow saturday morning over the G-vine, shows up and lays the smack down.

That was pretty cool Willis. Been a long time coming, great job. Those are stout numbers when you look at the 660 which is a little soft. Safe to say theres plenty left!

Chris

·
Distinguished Member
5,786 Posts
YEAH. GOOD news, you ran great. BAD news, your too fast for these boys, go home!!

Jerry
Yea, kinda sucks but everyone knows the rules. That's why the fast guys are all running the 660' or 1000' deals so they can run all out but still keep the insurance peeps happy. Seems Willis wanted that 1320' BGJ MPH record and I doubt anyone will every break it so congrads!! Was definitely stout!!

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
The Tow To Ming 4 26 2014

HELLO PEOPLE!!! lol

Guy pulls the thing through the rain/snow saturday morning over the G-vine, shows up and lays the smack down.

That was pretty cool Willis. Been a long time coming, great job. Those are stout numbers when you look at the 660 which is a little soft. Safe to say theres plenty left!

Chris

April 29, 2014

Hello People,

We did have a wet boat when arriving at the track.

Missed the first round qualifying, replacing ignition box, drying out the other ignition parts.

Yes Chris, there is a lot left, but we want to play by the rules, so that means we will have to use different tune ups for the 660, if we run and BGJ.
It’s easy to get up there, it's another story to slow it down at the right point - - :)Unsure

I was successful in dropping a few mph, just wasn’t enough.

We also noticed that this version of the TPR seems to handle that speed very well without a "wing"

Willis

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
April 29, 2014

Hello People,

We did have a wet boat when arriving at the track.

Missed the first round qualifying, replacing ignition box, drying out the other ignition parts.

Yes Chris, there is a lot left, but we want to play by the rules, so that means we will have to use different tune ups for the 660, if we run and BGJ.
It’s easy to get up there, it's another story to slow it down at the right point - - :)Unsure

I was successful in dropping a few mph, just wasn’t enough.

We also noticed that this version of the TPR seems to handle that speed very well without a "wing"

Willis

Where's the like button when you need one ?? Great Job!!! Congratz:thumb::thumb:

Reactions: the General

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
...So I get a phone call from Jim Brock when he gets home from the races... ...Pretty sure he said you ran under the ET record ?...but then gave me the bad news,...you ran to fast by a bit (quite a bit)...

...Now here is probably the best racer excuse I have ever heard,... "We probably weren't able to tune the MPH out of it because we ate to much steak and lobster the night before"... ...An absolute classic???...

...Anyway congrats on the performance,... Thats hauling some tail...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts