Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it absolutely necessary to mount the valve that controls overboard header water at the back of the boat? Or can the valve be mounted off the outlet housing on the top of the intake? I'm thinking that it would be easier to control with the valve located on the top of the intake versus having to make the adjustments at the back of the boat.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I have always ran a valve off the intake! Easy access to fine tune! This is a setup that I am running on a cruiser boat!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I run stainless braided line from the pump to the drivers seat (valve) then to the headers. Usually its "set it and forget it"
Only other (gate) valve is at the pump for temp control. Been running it this way for several years.

Daniel
Mash on it

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
I only control flow at the back of the boat, water leaving the thermostat housing should be unrestricted if I remember right. One to a Bassett T valve and an unrestricted dump line.

*edit* I have dry headers.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I only control flow at the back of the boat, water leaving the thermostat housing should be unrestricted if I remember right. One to a Bassett T valve and an unrestricted dump line.

*edit* I have dry headers.
Cory, If you run dry headers whats the need for a Bassett Tee valve?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts