Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Members only
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right! Just switched over my Corvair to e-85. Got the carburator back form Performance Carb in Ontario and Ron did a bitchen job. Bolted it on and ran like a champ. The tunnel ram iced up & the carb was sweating like a pig. Took temp of manifold after running it for 20 min. Temperature on the outside was 50 degrees after sitting a few minutes while I looked for the temp gun. :partyguy: This thing is wedged in a blow up raft that I will be campaining in some white water events next year!:wink2:

If anybody needs a good carb guy who knows this stuff call Ron
Performance Carb
1408 S Grove ave Unit B Ontario CA
909-673-1180

And no Getrdone I don't build my own Carburators. I have to pay somebody for those too...:duh:

·
Banned
293 Posts
Thats right! Just switched over my Corvair to e-85. Got the carburator back form Performance Carb in Ontario and Ron did a bitchen job. Bolted it on and ran like a champ. The tunnel ram iced up & the carb was sweating like a pig. Took temp of manifold after running it for 20 min. Temperature on the outside was 50 degrees after sitting a few minutes while I looked for the temp gun. :partyguy: This thing is wedged in a blow up raft that I will be campaining in some white water events next year!:wink2:

If anybody needs a good carb guy who knows this stuff call Ron
Performance Carb
1408 S Grove ave Unit B Ontario CA
909-673-1180

And no Getrdone I don't build my own Carburators. I have to pay somebody for those too...:duh:
Well, it's good to see you are stimulating the economy..That's not a supprise....

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think Air cooled (mostly desert) stuff would see the greatest benefit from the E85. Tell me more about this corvair project. Or give me a link if you have already posted on it.

Oh yeah, change that damn avatar! It costs me about ten minutes of laughing 'till I cry every time I see it!!

My clothes always had dog hair inside them and I couldn't figure out why, until I came home early one day and caught him!

·
Members only
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My avatar is a picture of my only son! Picture 078.jpg With out him its me and 5 girls! :)Unsure

The corvair is in an old hijumper I restored about 4 months ago. I have had it for 15yrs. Broke a u-joint in 04 at Glamis and after draggin out of the dunes destroyed the tranaxle. Parked it and started collecting parts. Now its mated to a bus trans with a Kennedy adaptor. 16" of travel in the ass & 10" on a beam front end. I added about 120' of tubing to the chassis. All new sheet metal from a friend of mine. Its a pretty cool old car. Looks like a 70's open class buggy. The corvair motor is pretty bitchen. The heads were milled off and had elbows welded to them. Somebody had made a custom 6 tube spider looking tunnel ram with an oil bath plenum and a 2bbl holley. I changed the plenum around and made it a 4bbl with a 650hp. Fair amount of head work, good compression, flat tappet cam from Howards cams. Over all a clean little set up. Makes good torq and will get with the program for an old timer... Picture 117.jpg

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
My avatar is a picture of my only son! View attachment 128159 With out him its me and 5 girls! :)Unsure

The corvair is in an old hijumper I restored about 4 months ago. I have had it for 15yrs. Broke a u-joint in 04 at Glamis and after draggin out of the dunes destroyed the tranaxle. Parked it and started collecting parts. Now its mated to a bus trans with a Kennedy adaptor. 16" of travel in the ass & 10" on a beam front end. I added about 120' of tubing to the chassis. All new sheet metal from a friend of mine. Its a pretty cool old car. Looks like a 70's open class buggy. The corvair motor is pretty bitchen. The heads were milled off and had elbows welded to them. Somebody had made a custom 6 tube spider looking tunnel ram with an oil bath plenum and a 2bbl holley. I changed the plenum around and made it a 4bbl with a 650hp. Fair amount of head work, good compression, flat tappet cam from Howards cams. Over all a clean little set up. Makes good torq and will get with the program for an old timer... View attachment 128158
Maxi, we used to run a class 5 unlimited 2180 motor

We ran 930 porsche c/v joints to a bus transaxle

no more trouble

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
My avatar is a picture of my only son! View attachment 128159 With out him its me and 5 girls! :)Unsure

The corvair is in an old hijumper I restored about 4 months ago. I have had it for 15yrs. Broke a u-joint in 04 at Glamis and after draggin out of the dunes destroyed the tranaxle. Parked it and started collecting parts. Now its mated to a bus trans with a Kennedy adaptor. 16" of travel in the ass & 10" on a beam front end. I added about 120' of tubing to the chassis. All new sheet metal from a friend of mine. Its a pretty cool old car. Looks like a 70's open class buggy. The corvair motor is pretty bitchen. The heads were milled off and had elbows welded to them. Somebody had made a custom 6 tube spider looking tunnel ram with an oil bath plenum and a 2bbl holley. I changed the plenum around and made it a 4bbl with a 650hp. Fair amount of head work, good compression, flat tappet cam from Howards cams. Over all a clean little set up. Makes good torq and will get with the program for an old timer... View attachment 128158
Sweet little ride! How the hell do you get in that thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts