Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Not a Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I once knew a cougar that OWNED a flatbottom..:D[/QUOTE]

I knew that was coming as soon as I wrote the post.:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not like any Cole bottom I've ever seen. What is that a 30º rise from the bottom up to the chine at the transom?

·
Registered
66 Posts
:)eh:):)eh:) Are we looking at the same boat??
I THINK so. I can't seem to make my photo program make the pics bigger, but I can point out the detail that I see. I don't believe that rise is the result of camera angle or ???

So, are we? :)eh:) And, I readily admit... I don't know all there is know about Coles or even any maker... But, I ain't seen a bottom like that before. I do wonder how far up from the transom that rise runs.

·
The member
3,244 Posts
Its just the pic or camera angle I believe. The boat looks to be flat in the pics at the top of the page. Looks like a standard runner bottom to me?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Its just the pic or camera angle I believe. The boat looks to be flat in the pics at the top of the page. Looks like a standard runner bottom to me?
Looks weird to me. Wish the original photo was better quality... as while it looks like the trailer is also sloped on both sides... I can't see that same angle on the right side of the transom that I see on the left. But... aye Gawd, the paint sure is a MATCH!

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
I've seen a couple. One shows up to CDBA from time to time. Yellow one out of Canada.

·
The member
3,244 Posts
If it is a Cougar, whats that mean?? Its just a splash of a hondo,cole,canyon,magnum,dimarco,kurtis,howard and the list goes on!
Looks like what you see is the trailer but the boat is standard shi-.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
talked to a guy at Mardon who used to race one. It was numbered 058,(weird huh?) he saw the 058 on mine and asked about it.
Ya mean to tell me there's more than one? I'm shocked, stunned and amazed.:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I used to race with the Fraser Valley guys with Al Lapointe there was a big guy with a yellow Cougar flat. It was the fasted unblown flat out of anyone who ran up there. Forget his name, but he was a big dude and towed it with a ratty old van painted like his boat. That thing went really fast, really straight. It was cool.

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
When I used to race with the Fraser Valley guys with Al Lapointe there was a big guy with a yellow Cougar flat. It was the fasted unblown flat out of anyone who ran up there. Forget his name, but he was a big dude and towed it with a ratty old van painted like his boat. That thing went really fast, really straight. It was cool.
think his name was Bert??? I remember that boat. Black and yellow???
Ratty old van alright!
Nick name was "Dirty Bert"

Boat was very fast!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it is the same boat it was owned by Bert and Wayne Booth and ran it out of Mission B.C. They ran very fast on a very small budget and at that time they were a dealer for Cougar boats. Latter on Wayne bought into Cougar and owned it alone with "Cougar Tom" till it was sold a few years back to C.D.
Dave

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
If it is the same boat it was owned by Bert and Wayne Booth and ran it out of Mission B.C. They ran very fast on a very small budget and at that time they were a dealer for Cougar boats. Latter on Wayne bought into Cougar and owned it alone with "Cougar Tom" till it was sold a few years back to C.D.
Dave
I don't believe we are talking about the same boat> Waynes was all yellow with some pinstripes. Kind of pale yellow. I think he ran in the 10 second class with it. Pulled it with a matching yellow chevy truck. Very nice.
Thinking about it more I think Berts boat might have been a Bitz but could be wrong. It was black and yellow, dirty and hauled ass. Ran in the 8.0s if my memory is correct.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think you are RIGHT I got to thinking about it after and at that time Wayne ran a Cougar but his partner's name was Herb. Not sure what Bert ran. We didn't build many flats so was surprised to see the white and blue one come up at the top of this post

Dave If you haven't figured it out yet (ie how I know all this) I am the original co owner and founder of Cougar Boats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts