Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to a talk show this morning as I was taking my daughter to the High School to take her PSAT. The host was asking the BO supporters why they were voting for him.
Caller 1, a retired man in Virginia said he needs more money to live on, said $40,000.00 a year would do, along with free health care and a car. Asked if he thought it was right that the money would come from someone else's hardwork and prosperity, he said yes and that's the way it should be.

Caller 2 was a man that sounded to be in his 50's said that it's not right for some people to make over $300,000.00 per year and that anything over that should be collected by the Govt so they can redistribute it to others. He used sports figures and movie stars as examples. I also agree they're over paid but don't think they should have their earnings taken away.

Caller 3 was a lady in South Carolina that said she needed approx $80,000. to fix up her house as she didn't have the income to do so. She also said that since her income was so low that she didn't pay income taxes and wouldn't receive the benefit of the tax breaks.....she wanted money from the Govt to make up the difference!

I had to turn it off! I really could not believe what I was hearing. I'm thinking that no matter what happens with BO's plan, he's going to piss off a great number of people should he be elected Pres.

U

·
0 Posts
I was listening to a talk show this morning as I was taking my daughter to the High School to take her PSAT. The host was asking the BO supporters why they were voting for him.
Caller 1, a retired man in Virginia said he needs more money to live on, said $40,000.00 a year would do, along with free health care and a car. Asked if he thought it was right that the money would come from someone else's hardwork and prosperity, he said yes and that's the way it should be.

Caller 2 was a man that sounded to be in his 50's said that it's not right for some people to make over $300,000.00 per year and that anything over that should be collected by the Govt so they can redistribute it to others. He used sports figures and movie stars as examples. I also agree they're over paid but don't think they should have their earnings taken away.

Caller 3 was a lady in South Carolina that said she needed approx $80,000. to fix up her house as she didn't have the income to do so. She also said that since her income was so low that she didn't pay income taxes and wouldn't receive the benefit of the tax breaks.....she wanted money from the Govt to make up the difference!

I had to turn it off! I really could not believe what I was hearing. I'm thinking that no matter what happens with BO's plan, he's going to piss off a great number of people should he be elected Pres.

How about the lady at the McCain rally who stated that she didn't trust Obama because he was an Arab. There is stupidity of both sides

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about the lady at the McCain rally who stated that she didn't trust Obama because he was an Arab. There is stupidity of both sides
no doubt! The thing is, we all have our reasons as to why we're voting the way we are but to think you're going to get $40,000.00 a yr and a car?
Don't you think that's a little extreme? On top of it, if it doesn't happen (immediately), don't you think that guy is going to be pretty pissed off?

U

·
0 Posts
no doubt! The thing is, we all have our reasons as to why we're voting the way we are but to think you're going to get $40,000.00 a yr and a car?
Don't you think that's a little extreme? On top of it, if it doesn't happen (immediately), don't you think that guy is going to be pretty pissed off?
Of course it's extreme and clueless too. I don't remember either candidate promising 40K per year and a car

·
Registered
401 Posts

All these losers want something for nothing, nobody wants to work for their money. I would have changed the channel to.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
That's actually a good reason - get out of your insulated stateside life and actually go to the great land of Islam, you'll understand.... maybe

U

·
0 Posts
That's actually a good reason - get out of your insulated stateside life and actually go to the great land of Islam, you'll understand.... maybe
He's not an Arab in fact he's not even F'n close. Your point is off target

BTW, there are plenty of good Arabs in the world.

·
Punk in Drublic
2,165 Posts

I think I'm gonna vomit up my nice Bloody Mary! These asswipes need to move to France....:|err

·
1,512 Posts
What these needy people will get is increased unemployment resulting in less welfare for them.

America's small businesses have been trying to find ways to bring manufacturing back to America. Chinese inflation and developing middle class is forcing increased manufacturing cost. The writing is on the wall and American small business is getting ready to invest back into US manufacturing. Obama's welfare for the middle class plan will kill this. Indeed it will be the single cause for American companies to buy more goods and services from foreign countries. Unemployment will go into double digits and we'll see a very serious recession if not a depression.

I think middle class Americans would gladly give up $1000 in Obama welfare to keep a job.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
What these needy people will get is increased unemployment resulting in less welfare for them.

America's small businesses have been trying to find ways to bring manufacturing back to America. Chinese inflation and developing middle class is forcing increased manufacturing cost. The writing is on the wall and American small business is getting ready to invest back into US manufacturing. Obama's welfare for the middle class plan will kill this. Indeed it will be the single cause for American companies to buy more goods and services from foreign countries. Unemployment will go into double digits and we'll see a very serious recession if not a depression.

I think middle class Americans would gladly give up $1000 in Obama welfare to keep a job.
Thats just it, they don't think they should have to give up anything in their free checks. In fact, they want more. This is only going to get worse than better in the very near future. it definitely sucks.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
He's not an Arab in fact he's not even F'n close. Your point is off target

BTW, there are plenty of good Arabs in the world.
Not an Arab? No maybe not, but he has been a muslim and I think he would sway that way.

Plenty of good Arabs? Do you know any?

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts

Is that the best comparison you can come up with?.. to this:

Cas said:

That is appalling. Typical, take from the haves and give to the have-nots. Right out of the liberal play book.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
In fact I do. I know a few Iranians that are good people too.

Not an Arab and not a Muslim
A predictable come-back. So how "well" do you know them? Do they come over for tea?

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Plenty of good Arabs? Do you know any?
Forkin,
I also know quite a few good people from all walks of life so it's real hard for me to racially profile. What bothers me is how many American born people are the ones looking for the handouts. Many foreigners come into this country work hard and make a very good life for themselves. They are the ones that are doing the exact same thing as our fore fathers!
Many of those people also become very wealthy and yes, there are others that are abusing the system.
I do understand where you are coming from though.

U

·
0 Posts
A predictable come-back. So how "well" do you know them? Do they come over for tea?
Probably about where I live FC. I know some cool Russians, Armenians, Israelis and Pakistanis too

Nobody comes over for tea

Forkin,
I also know quite a few good people from all walks of life so it's real hard for me to racially profile. What bothers me is how many American born people are the ones looking for the handouts. Many foreigners come into this country work hard and make a very good life for themselves. They are the ones that are doing the exact same thing as our fore fathers!
Many of those people also become very wealthy and yes, there are others that are abusing the system.
I do understand where you are coming from though.
Good post

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Thanks for the reply Cas. I've have know people from a lot of different races. Some are good, some bad. I think we have a lot of bad ones that were and are born here.

Come on Ultra, no tea parties! :p

U

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the reply Cas. I've have know people from a lot of different races. Some are good, some bad. I think we have a lot of bad ones that were and are born here.

Come on Ultra, no tea parties! :p
FC it's really not about race it's more about parenting or lack of, IMO

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
FC it's really not about race it's more about parenting or lack of, IMO
I never said it was all about race. But if you do a bit of research, it sways that way in some segments of the population.

I think personal integrety and respect for ones self and others go a long way!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts