Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a CP, its a 84 19', anyone know the boat or anything about it? anything particular I should look out for or stay away from??? Its a heavy lay-up.... thanks in advance for any info...

Attachments

·
I do all my own stunts.
1,599 Posts
ive seen it at big river more than once. i remember it ran pretty good. guy drove it pretty moderate, meaning not standing on it all day long making passes. its been on craigslist for a while. 11000 doesnt seem bad but ive never seen it up close, paint, seats, bottom etc.

i no of another 19' cp coming up for sale, 1992 with or without motor, cleean boat. waiting on the owner to post first

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
yeh, I know its been for sale forever... guess I kinda wonder why no ones bought it yet...
i saw it once. i bought a trailer from the guy at big river. saw the boat in the dark so i dont have many details. i recall it running well. rigging was just ok.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i saw it once. i bought a trailer from the guy at big river. saw the boat in the dark so i dont have many details. i recall it running well. rigging was just ok.
sounds right... rigging didnt seem to choice...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
This boat belonged to a guy named Randy Helton in the Blue Water Lagoon area of Parker. It was the very first gullwing I ever rode in when I was about 14. It ran pretty good with a 468 and then it changed hands a few times within the Helton family. One of the cousins got a hold of it and had it painted. It used to be off white/tan with orange/red graphics. From what I've been told it got a 496 that had issues. IMO, it looked much better before it was painted.

If you want more info, I've got Troy Helton's # and he could get more info on the boat. At that price, it seems like a decent deal. Troy will be with us at Firebird if you're going. RD

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
By the way, it was a very sano boat at the time and did NOT have the double stack battery system.... WTF is that?????

·
small member
1,480 Posts
This boat has been on the market for at least a year. I called on it a long time ago. I want to say its in san diego. I thought he was asking less then 11000 but i do not recall.
Good luck

·
Flying Yanez Racing
1,706 Posts
It is in San Diego and if I remember right $11000 or $10500 was the lowest I saw it at.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I talked to the owner back in June when I was looking into GW's. Back then he said he wouldn't take anything less than 13k for it.
Obvious he's come down alot. I'd sit on it, keep an eye on it.
Now that double stack battery system is something I expected to see on my TX19 that I dragged home from Oklahoma...NOT in a CP from San Diego!
Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts