Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the hin prefix letters for California performance boats,don't know what year the boat is.
going to look at it this afternoon.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hin #

CP's were PJB until 10/27/2005 when Bill finally corrected HIS hin prefix to PJT according to USCG data base. PJB was out of business on 10/02/2002. So if you have a boat manufactured between 10/02/2002 and 10/27/2005, who's hin was legally used?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Mine were always PJT, I think the PJB was an Earl Smith boat. Give him a call if you want to be sure, if you need his number, shoot me a PM. I know things changed, but I'm not sure when and from what. I'm pretty sure my 96 19 CP (new from Bill) was PJT, and so was the Dragon when I bought it from him in 99.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Mine were always PJT, I think the PJB was an Earl Smith boat. Give him a call if you want to be sure, if you need his number, shoot me a PM. I know things changed, but I'm not sure when and from what. I'm pretty sure my 96 19 CP (new from Bill) was PJT, and so was the Dragon when I bought it from him in 99.
River Dads right u'd have to call him. He's not computer literate. I think he still uses a manual adding machine!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info,haven't had a chance to look at it yet though.

I think i found a cp really cheap,the guy don't know for sure but he said before he bought the boat it had california or something like that on the side and from what he described it may be one.He don't know what it is,so i'm trying to get over asap.I've got a 454 that i took out of my last jet boat sitting in the corner,i would install it and have some fun on the river,i'd still have the tx20 for the go fast mode.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts