Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
on 3 go.....
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We need to avoid a race weekend and any holidays. So somebody throw out a location and weekend. I'm sure 50 to 200 boats will show up for the party. Yuma sounds cool.

FYI- I asked about having it at Aha and was told no way...:mad:

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
I've been stuck looking at Gene's new avatar for 5 minutes.... what was this thread about ?

S CP :D

oh, CP regatta that's it. yes I'd like to know the date please

Jon

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Y-Town would be a great spot for this! im sure there are pics of the sand bar floating around here somewhere!...oh! here is some right here! imagine that! lol

It is by far the largest sandbar that Ive seen in my river experience, very comperable to Havasu's party sandbar, just not full of "Flat Billers", just a large group of good people!

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
We need to avoid a race weekend and any holidays. So somebody throw out a location and weekend. I'm sure 50 to 200 boats will show up for the party. Yuma sounds cool.

FYI- I asked about having it at Aha and was told no way...:mad:
Who did you have to ask?...Being it's a CP regatta, shouldn't it be held in front of Bill Scottens house on the Grass? just a thought, not to mention its a great part of the river!:D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Thats my vote....
When ever it is I hope I can make it. I have a bunch of family stuff going on in August. We'll just have to see.......Hell I have to get the boat back together anyway.

Wayne how's the boat running and is your left leg getting a work-out ? I read that your wife hates it :)bulb That sucks.

Jon

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Yuma is by far the best water IMO. but the places to stay in martinez are to say the least poor.. and expensive. If you know someone with a place down there it could be cool. I have had multiple friends stay in town and had stuff ripped off in the middle of the night from their boats in the hotel parking lot.

·
Boat 502
1,266 Posts
When ever it is I hope I can make it. I have a bunch of family stuff going on in August. We'll just have to see.......Hell I have to get the boat back together anyway.

Wayne how's the boat running and is your left leg getting a work-out ? I read that your wife hates it :)bulb That sucks.

Jon
Hi Jon,

The boat is running good, its a whole different ride..thats for sure ! Cruising speed dropped down to like 2000 -2200 rpm , and my jet boat buds are next to me @ 3200-3400 rpm. Helps out on that race fuel costs ! Still figuring it out from a dig, but should have a good enough hold on it to run "River Racer" @ Ming in October. You should bring the ol' station wagon out ??:D Ya, the wife pretty much hates it, and gives up her seat every chance she gets. See ya soon.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.