Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the early 90's CPs are any different then todays? Has there been any upgrades to the hull? I am looking to jump out of a placecraft to something different. Leaning towards the CP just not sure what I want to get. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Nope.... same ol' pile they ever were. haha Sooooo you missed the opportunity to go to the river last weekend and see for your self the evolution of the cp? Forshame! It sucks when life disrupts our love of hot boats don't it? Fuggin life, I missed it too. I'm sure there will be many a great reply here. It won't be long now. They are great hulls.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
As I remember, the 19 got re-tooled around 94. Bill now has both that mold and the mold we built a few years ago with the Bennett bottom. Both work real well and have small differences.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, i missed hot rod weekend its been 15 years that i have down there.I had a cp back in 91,before i went back to a placecraft,i just need more room for the wife and my kid.I know cp have more room than a pc, so im going to make switch I wanted to see if the cp had been changed any..Whats a bennet bottom?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Ya, i missed hot rod weekend its been 15 years that i have down there.I had a cp back in 91,before i went back to a placecraft,i just need more room for the wife and my kid.I know cp have more room than a pc, so im going to make switch I wanted to see if the cp had been changed any..Whats a bennet bottom?
When Jason Rouse retooled the molds he previously owned (now can be purchased as a CP) Jeff Bennett fully blueprinted the bottom of the plug. The sides of the boat are also perfectly smooth, no wave. And the mold is as close as you can get to having a capped boat right outta the mold.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
But not the same boat Idiot Sevuant!!! :)bulb
WTF?

hey butt head I wasn't disagreeing with you, but whatever. You should really try removing that chip from your shoulder every now and then.
Carry on.

S CP :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Both versions of the CP are great. The new one that Bennet did the bottom on would probably be my choice. Keep in mind Tom Petersons new Placecraft is a 19 and has more cockpit room than the old ones. Super Badass boat!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sweet pickle,Have you been in one of tom NEW pc?with toms new pc im not sure i want to mess around with trying to find the right set up for that boat.I really dont know how far off the set up would be from my 96 pc, the older i get the less i want to mess with.i wonder how many new ones are on the water..After all the pms i got the rouse im told should be the one i get..

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
sweet pickle,Have you been in one of tom NEW pc?with toms new pc im not sure i want to mess around with trying to find the right set up for that boat.I really dont know how far off the set up would be from my 96 pc, the older i get the less i want to mess with.i wonder how many new ones are on the water..After all the pms i got the rouse im told should be the one i get..
We're any of thos "PM's " from actual rouse owners? Just wondering ?

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
just to clarify, the new pc can be set up right out of the box to work perfectly, no matter how much power someone would want to use. rides and handles like a dream. steering corrections are easy at 100+, and it surprises me how well it turns. won't disagree that it took us awhile to get there. but it works great now.
just like a cp has, we have a prescription for it. but if someone wants to go in a different direction than suggested, whether it's a cp, pc, or any other new hull, results may vary. cp's are great boats. but i'm extremely happy with the pc...

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
just to clarify, the new pc can be set up right out of the box to work perfectly, no matter how much power someone would want to use. rides and handles like a dream. steering corrections are easy at 100+, and it surprises me how well it turns. won't disagree that it took us awhile to get there. but it works great now.
just like a cp has, we have a prescription for it. but if someone wants to go in a different direction than suggested, whether it's a cp, pc, or any other new hull, results may vary. cp's are great boats. but i'm extremely happy with the pc...
I remember a time when you were anti PC.....:yes:

·
Banned
861 Posts
Anybody that thinks that a boat, that pops out of a mold is a true straight blue printed deal is a FOOL! Ask anybody who knows, who isn't trying to make a buck. Bennett has been involved in the evolution of pretty much every speed boat popped out of a mold for a long time... Sooner or later Bud. :wink2:

1 - 20 of 188 Posts