Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
19' Jet Speed Boat - MUST SELL - $2300 (San Diego)

[HR][/HR]Date: 2013-01-04, 2:21PM PST
Reply to this post Reply to: [email protected][SUP][?][/SUP]
[HR][/HR]1973 19' Jet Speed Boat. 502 cubic inch Chevy Motor, chrome Bassett headers; Berkley Pump, Brand new 650 cim Edelbrock Carborator, Chrome valve cover, chrome air cleaner, aftermarket intake, new accelerator cable, all new hoses, new carpet & more! Does over 100 mph on the water. No damage, no rot, no cracks, body is in perfect condition. Boat could use new seats & a new battery. Includes double axle trailer with brand new tires.
Over $3500 invested in motor alone!

$2300 OBO
Must Sell!!

Call or Text 619-453-3353

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID:3522513378

·
Registered
533 Posts
Doesn't look like there's much pride of ownership there. All kinds of mistakes in grammar and doesn't even list the maker of the hull. What are some people thinking?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I always wanted to ask for a test ride and make a deal with him that for every MPH under 100 we would take $100.00 off the price. I think he would be paying me to take the boat at the price he wants.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
craigslist find san diego

I want a boat that can go 100mph with a single 600cfm carb! Serious fuel efficiency. Maybe it is that custom plumbing that does it :)

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
That would be a really good buy for someone ............................. :rolleyes:

S CP :)eh:)

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Does anyone know his engine builder? My heads cost more then that and will be lucky to run 110. And I burn way more gas with my 1150 carb. I will quit doing this stuff for myself at that price too.

·
The Good
483 Posts
I wish I lived in California. It seems like every boat can do a 100 there. Mine only does 70. Man it must really be the altitude!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I don't like slamming on a guy trying to sell something, and realistically 2 grand for a running jet boat with a BBC and a Berk is not that bad...... But the add is classic CL......

I was curious so I called on it. The guy claimed to build race cars and have a shop, but seemed extremely clueless. Said he didn't know much about boats and had very little info on the motor. All he could tell me was that the guy he got it from put alot of money in and he thought it had a big stroker crank in it, but he had no real idea... Here's a few pics he sent me of the "race set up"...lol

Looks to be every bit of 100.....:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I love the cables layin on the driveline. I am no pro but from looking at mine that driveline angle looks alittle harsh? If its goes that fast wouldnt someone use better parts on the heads? my girdle is off right now but more like this. lol

Attachments

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
I don't like slamming on a guy trying to sell something, and realistically 2 grand for a running jet boat with a BBC and a Berk is not that bad...... But the add is classic CL......

I was curious so I called on it. The guy claimed to build race cars and have a shop, but seemed extremely clueless. Said he didn't know much about boats and had very little info on the motor. All he could tell me was that the guy he got it from put alot of money in and he thought it had a big stroker crank in it, but he had no real idea... Here's a few pics he sent me of the "race set up"...lol

Looks to be every bit of 100.....:thumb:
OMG, pure race right there, i must be doing something seriously wrong with my setup:shock:

·
Registered
206 Posts
No way busted!!! You wanna make big power then get rid of all that roller crap!!!
well I dont know River dad I didnt think my motor was crap it makes 500hp my boat does mid 70s maybe not a full blown race boat like alot of you guys have but it runs out pretty good anyway for a family boat . Im no big motor builder guy I just paint cars so I dont know everything about making huge power all I was getting at was his stuff looks bone stock on the heads not able to put the boat at 100mph ect. wasnt sayin my does 100mph.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts