Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ran into this on Craigslist. Owner has no clue what he has and we can't identify it. I'm thinking later Laveycraft flat but our Lavey was quite different. Open the link for more photos. Anyone have a clue? Boat was named "Waterbird" but never rigged???? This should be interesting.
DRAG BOAT HULL ** RUNNER BOTTOM

WB1.jpg

WB2.jpg

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Question on the floors...

ASSUMING that someone didn't glass over BAD WOOD and those floors are solid, can they be salvaged with a inline/long boarding to flatten out the wavy glass work?

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
i woulda almost swear this boat was for sale 10 yrs ago or so in huntington beach ca it was rigged as a v-drive when i saw it...looks like u can see where the strut bolts were....wasnt on that trailer but looks so familiar even the name ringed a bell but i passed on it for 2500 less motor didnt care for the look...and there was no paperwork... maybe maybe not......looks so familiar :confused::confused: looks like a old riviera look on the deck

deck has all the look of a riviera heres mine v bottom

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
heres riggers v bottom riviera tops look same or close

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
after thinking about it This was My buddies old boat and it was set up with a 50 hp outboard or 75hp. when he had it and he owned it from about 2009 to about 2012 or 2013 . so who ever has it now Must of bought it off him.. i always told him that was Built to be a V-Drive .. The Waterbird on the Deck gives it away. I remember the boat well.. was Never rigged to be a V-drive tho..

·
V-Drive 4 ever
1,810 Posts
After talking to my buddy, he said he still has his in his yard. I was wondering cause the dates above someone posted didn't add up.. Apparently they Made 4 of these boats.. 2 have been destroyed by fire and the one above and my buddies is the only 2 left. from what he is saying , Waterbird is the Brand or model of hull.. His is Painted identical to this boat . they were Built to be V-Drives (only 16 ft) but seems like the only 2 left are Outboards.. Neat lil boat but man are they tiny , i couldn't imagine one as a v-drive with very much power in it..

·
Village Idiot
3,528 Posts
I would say it is a cross bread of the riveara circle flat and the riveara v-bottom gn style that rigger has. The cockpit looks like riggers, and the bottom and rear look like the circle boat. It looks like they took the flat and cut it down as it looks to have very little freeboard.

Paul

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
yah what paul said...........lol :thumb:

nobody listens to mouzer :duh::duh:

top of my riviera gn........ bottom of my riviera flat

knowbody listens to me...........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts