Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
The cyl's only fire every 90 degrees...(4 cyls per revolution) 4 cyls, 720 deg = 8 sparks. The dist/rotor (and cam) spins at half crank speed.

·
Some guy
3,610 Posts
I noticed the crank trigger only has 4 magnets (least that i can see), how's it know when to fire the other 4 cyliders? The dist has 8 dilio's that fly by the pickup, but from what i can tell the crank trigger wheel only has 4.
Ah grasshopper, does the crankshaft not rotate twice for each rotation of the camshaft(which turns the distributor)???

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Boy are you guy's nice, wait til Chet sees that. :)hammers

I guess you have never been 180* out with a distributor ? :)sphss

Sleeper CP :)

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
I noticed the crank trigger only has 4 magnets (least that i can see), how's it know when to fire the other 4 cyliders? The dist has 8 dilio's that fly by the pickup, but from what i can tell the crank trigger wheel only has 4.
These guys are messin with ya...... the one with 4 tabs uses dual pickups.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
One more question like that Shaun, and you will forced to surrender your timing light and commit the first four pages of Ketterings S.A.E. papers to memory AND drive your boat full speed for ten minutes with the #1 spark lead clipped to your left ear lobe!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
One more question like that Shaun, and you will forced to surrender your timing light and commit the first four pages of Ketterings S.A.E. papers to memory AND drive your boat full speed for ten minutes with the #1 spark lead clipped to your left ear lobe!
hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
:)Poundhil:) I think this is one of the funniest...

·
Boat 502
1,298 Posts
best one on the market ???

Is the MSD crank trigger the best setup out there ? I'm running all high quality MSD stuff and was wondering what other options where out there ? Thanks.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Is the MSD crank trigger the best setup out there ? I'm running all high quality MSD stuff and was wondering what other options where out there ? Thanks.
Do you have a 4 cylinder engine? crank Triggerz only work on 4 cylinderz cauze there iz only four magnetz.

Be like shaun and buy the cheapezt thing available then complain when it failz on you, quality iz over rated.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts