Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info or maybe even contact info for "Crazy" Charlie Johnson? He drove an UGH (Hondo XH-1 I think) out of Dallas in the late 80's-early 90's. He had 3 boats in 3 different classes and drove them all. He crashed the XH-1 in 92-93ish. I believe he owned a crane company called Aztec Crane Rental? Any info, pics, or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
the name "crazy charlie" caught my eye while glancing down the threads. i have been trying to track down one of our old boats and i believe he might have purchased the 501 kurtis. if you are able to locate him would appreciate any contact info you could pass along to me. thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you give me some details about your Kurtis? It wasn't an all white boat owned and driven by Roger Primm, named "Accelerated Depreciation" was it?

·
Registered
195 Posts
from what i can tell the 501 kurtis i am researching went from us to charlie and then sold to a mike leffingwell (maybe also in the dallas area). does this name ring a bell?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The name kinda rings a bell but I don't think I ever knew Mike Leffingwell personally. I'm not really hunting it but I would kinda like to know where the accelerated depreciation Kurtis went. Roger Primm had it in Nevada as a pgh and sold it to a friend of mine in Kansas that ran it in ugh. It was all white originally. Don't know where it went after it left Kansas.

·
Registered
195 Posts
the name roger primm i remember,dont recognize the boat name but will watch for any clues while looking for mine and will keep you advised if i come upon something. seems like so many of the little kurtis's (500,501) were cut up and had capsules installed then repainted that it is had to track their lineage. good luck to both of us!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sir! I will do the same. If you run across any pics of yours forward them to me and I will do the same.

Come on!!!! Someone has to know something about one of these three things. Bring it, we need help!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Charlie drove the Fineline. I believe that David Sjodgren drove the Kurtis and it was a BGH and he had a flatbottom also.

I've got pictures somewhere. Haven't heard anything about Charlie in years.

·
Registered
195 Posts
cheyenne, i believe you are correct. the black kurtis 501 was the old high country express bgh i am trying to track down,david drove it for charlie, then i traced to a race in wichita ks where it was a bah then owned and driven by i believe this mike leffingwell from the houston tx area, then trail goes dead! i didnt mean to highjack the thread am also keeping an eye out for the boat he is looking for. name of boat might have been quarterflash when leffingwell owned it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts