Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Mighty Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just kicking around the idea.. who would you trust and what kind of cost is involved on turning a closed bow into an open bow setup.. next winter i plan on repainting and new interior so i figured that would be the best time to do it.. just don't know if it would be worth it. it's a specta 21'.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work!:D Might be cheaper to buy an open bow, but I don't know, maybe not.

·
Mighty Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always loved those style hulls. is there much room up under the deck? or just enough for "her things"?
plenty of room.. i can stuff an easy-up, my ice chest and some chairs with room to spare.. that's why we thought of the open bow.. but i don't know how pricey that would be..

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
BB,
I was at Martinez Upholstery in Corona last year getting some seat bottoms recovered. They were opening up a hull similar to yours. It looked like they were doing a nice job but I didn't see the finished project. They had some nice looking new boats that they were doing as well.
I asked him what they charged and he said it was 2K-2.5k depending on a lot variables.
They seemed reasonable fair priced, and quick for what I was having done.
Ask for Eddy.

·
Mighty Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BB,
I was at Martinez Upholstery in Corona last year getting some seat bottoms recovered. They were opening up a hull similar to yours. It looked like they were doing a nice job but I didn't see the finished project. They had some nice looking new boats that they were doing as well.
I asked him what they charged and he said it was 2K-2.5k depending on a lot variables.
They seemed reasonable fair priced, and quick for what I was having done.
Ask for Eddy.
you wouldn't by chance have a number would you:D

·
Mighty Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i googled it and only found this

Martinez Upholstery
220 W Warner Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707
714-556-6131

think thats the same one??

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
If your looking to have interior done, now is the time to do it. The cutting is the easy part, reinforcements to support he dash, and seating is the hard part. Any boat interior shop can do the upholstery work.

·
Banned
989 Posts
great looking boat. one of my favorites. i'd hate to see it with a hole in the front :D

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
The open bow in my 20' Spectra made it have MUCH more room, and still plenty of storage. I can sleep in either side of the "cubbys" on the driver and passenger side they are so large still. DCM is also making their Hallet copies with a potential Open bow if someone orders it that way. The deck on the spectra is so long, it doesn't have much room for a LARGE 20' 11" boat, especially if you have an engine cover that goes across the width of the boat like mine.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
BB,
Here is their #.

Martinez Marine Interior
951 340 9171
Industrial drive, Corona

They are open until 12:00 on saturday. On the boat I saw, they were doing the glass work, reinforcing the bulkhead, and making the benches for the front. It looked a complete turn key deal. It would be hard to tell it from a factory job.
Good Luck in making the decision. I have a 202xr open bow Carrera and I am very happy with it. If the water is real rough you can put an adult in the bow and it rides much smoother.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts