Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my two year old gets to watch tv in my bed by himself before he goes to sleep. At around 8:30 I go and check in on him and he is facing away from the TV, bored. I look up at the TV and Obama is on. The actual program was called Get Schooled and for the brief minute that I saw, Obama was all over. My son was watching Noggin, which is for toddlers. I tried to switch it to Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, etc and they all had the program on. I looked up some info on Get Schooled and low and behold, there is the "Change the system" paragraph in big red letters.
http://www.getschooled.com/#/resources/students_bill_of_rights
Not sure if this should be in PR as it is a social issue pertaining to kids. If need be, please move.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
It's all part of the indoctrination, you will assimilate and become an O borg...I had to change mine also for my 5 year old...

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
It's all part of the indoctrination, you will assimilate and become an O borg...I had to change mine also for my 5 year old...
Resistance is futile :p

Sleeper CP

" Liberalism is a Mental Disorder" :|err

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not arguing for or against either side but don't they all have some sort of cheesy slogan for their ideas? Kind of like "No child left behind".

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
I'm not arguing for or against either side but don't they all have some sort of cheesy slogan for their ideas? Kind of like "No child left behind".
Who is "they" ?

You sound allot like the people who said Mrs. Reagans " Just say no" program was cheesy.

S CP :D

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
Joey, you mean to tell me that J5 wasnt enthralled by Obummer on tv??? At that point you should have taught him the ins and outs of your mini14, and shot out the tv. BTW, when are we golfing????

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Changing and strengthening our education system is now a bad thing? :)sphss

Get Schooled is part of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx

Watched African Americans protest Obama in DC because he cancelled vouchers for 217 (approximately) students who were going to private school but now will be joining the rest in public schools. I think they saw the excellence in his program right away! :)coffee (NOT)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Who is "they" ?

You sound allot like the people who said Mrs. Reagans " Just say no" program was cheesy.

S CP :D
I said cheesy slogan not cheesy program. They are the people in power whether it be politicians or whoever. Honestly just tired of seeing all the bitchen and complaining. Yeah I know don't click on the thread, right?

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
Yes crossing the line, but not the way you think. Why would you have a TV in a two-year old's room?
While I realize you were likely just nit-picking (without properly READING what the guy posted), why in the world would you or anyone care if a parent choses to have a tv in their 2 year old's room? It concerns you how?

·
GO CELTICS
2,083 Posts
So my two year old gets to watch tv in my bed by himself before he goes to sleep. At around 8:30 I go and check in on him and he is facing away from the TV, bored. I look up at the TV and Obama is on. The actual program was called Get Schooled and for the brief minute that I saw, Obama was all over. My son was watching Noggin, which is for toddlers. I tried to switch it to Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, etc and they all had the program on. I looked up some info on Get Schooled and low and behold, there is the "Change the system" paragraph in big red letters.
http://www.getschooled.com/#/resources/students_bill_of_rights
Not sure if this should be in PR as it is a social issue pertaining to kids. If need be, please move.
I heard hes a Laker fan haha:)hand

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
If you stop by the NBC Company store in Burbank it sells souvenirs to visitors to the studio.
Tonight show, Lenos show and a few others bring in the public every weekday.
Also they give guided tours to the public.

Half the items in the NBC visitors store are Obama related items.
Shirts, books, posters, bumper stickers, hats all with Obamas picture and slogans.

It looks more like an election headquarters.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts