Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm putting my motor back together. Get to the last piston, and there's an extra top ring. Check all the installed pistons with a flashlight and feeler gauge. they all have a top ring. Maybe I put a center ring in the top spot and thought I was done. Pulled all the pistons, and they all have a full set of rings. ???? Must have put an extra one in the box at packaging. DAMN IT!!

Reminds me of a time I put an extra fresh ring under a rag. When the motor was completely finished and he's cleaning up, picks up the rag and nearly faints. Knew right a way it was a joke because I was on the floor crying I laughed so much.

Jerry

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Ive never had a extra ring but did have a extra wrist pin snapring once that phucked my head up lol and yes i pulled every damn piston to check

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
So I'm putting my motor back together. Get to the last piston, and there's an extra top ring. Check all the installed pistons with a flashlight and feeler gauge. they all have a top ring. Maybe I put a center ring in the top spot and thought I was done. Pulled all the pistons, and they all have a full set of rings. ???? Must have put an extra one in the box at packaging. DAMN IT!!

Reminds me of a time I put an extra fresh ring under a rag. When the motor was completely finished and he's cleaning up, picks up the rag and nearly faints. Knew right a way it was a joke because I was on the floor crying I laughed so much.

Jerry
Lol, I had a similar situation with an extra wire lock. Assembled everything and got to the last piston and I had an extra lock!!! Bag said 8. Nice thing about my CP piston is the narrow wrist pin, otherwise I was tearing her back down!!!! I verified and had others verify numerous times!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts