Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pete's Pirate
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of rudders are you guys running on your day cruisers?
SK or wedge...................

·
Steady Rollin
1,121 Posts
What type of rudders are you guys running on your day cruisers?
SK or wedge...................
solid question, I've been thinking about swapping mine out, its bronze

So the real question is, whos making them these days, i heard Barber is out. Shelfo??

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am running a bronze Glenwood on my Spectra 20 and it turns great, has a lot of bottom work done also not a speed demon
rudders.PNG

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
If VD cruiser chimes in follow his advise, his Howard runs north of a hundred very well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
17-4 Stainless before heat treat and polish.
I have a 21 Schiada with a turbo engine. I had a wedge ruder and swapped to this. I've notice a little more maneuverability while docking. No noticeable difference at cruise and a bit more stability at speed.
I spec and ordered it from Tom Bently of Menkens V-Drives (530) 347 4800 and I couldn't be happier.

·
Steady Rollin
1,121 Posts
17-4 Stainless before heat treat and polish.
I have a 21 Schiada with a turbo engine. I had a wedge ruder and swapped to this. I've notice a little more maneuverability while docking. No noticeable difference at cruise and a bit more stability at speed.
I spec and ordered it from Tom Bently of Menkens V-Drives (530) 347 4800 and I couldn't be happier.
if you dont mind me asking, what did that run you? Toms a nice guy, i chatted with him for an hour last week about a prop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'd have to find the recipe but $1400 with the polishing comes to mind. Don't hold me to it and let Tom give you a quote.

·
Steady Rollin
1,121 Posts
I'd have to find the recipe but $1400 with the polishing comes to mind. Don't hold me to it and let Tom give you a quote.
totally understand, just was looking for a rough ballpark. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Thanks for the plug Poncho. I use a rudder that looks like the "speed rudder" in the picture above except it is steel and I got it from Bergeron. Also I don't do a lot of turning above 100 mph.
Someone at Lake Anna told me different.:D

·
Steady Rollin
1,121 Posts
Just an update, I did hear from a bud that Bill @ RB Props might be a good resource for a new rudder. I have not tried to get a hold of him yet, but it might be worth looking into

1 - 11 of 11 Posts