Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this intake a couple a days ago...what is the port for right under the carb base? I think I'm gonna stick a vac. gauge in there.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
If I had that fitting on mine, my PCV would piped to there, for manifold vaccume. On a carbed boat, that's about the only thing that belongs there.

Mine has provision on the carb baseplate tho, so I use that one.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought a vac gauge, if this motor has as poor vac as I think, I'll prolly go to a pan e vac deal. Right now I run a pcv of my base plate too. I dunno maybe the solid roller deal will suprise me.(vacume wise)

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
I just bought a vac gauge, if this motor has as poor vac as I think, I'll prolly go to a pan e vac deal. Right now I run a pcv of my base plate too. I dunno maybe the solid roller deal will suprise me.(vacume wise)
You will be ok. Well unless your putting in power brakes.:D

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any ideas where to get a small vac/boost gauge to go in there? I can't seem to find anything that isn't a 2 1/16" dash style deal? Re the adapter that I was suposed to have today and still don't, I'm thinkin it's gonna be square and my manifold isn't.

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
HVH (notice how I didn't say WE) just came out with a 2" Super Sucker for 4150 carb to 4500 intake manifold.

BTW: I'm only a believer in using a 4150 carb on a 4500 intake if you have rules requiring a 4150 carb, or you have some goliath 4150 to begin with.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I may look for a domi, I dunno. I'm only 9 to 1 and I hope to add some squeeze here in the near future, thinking some form of blow through. After reading that dominator thread, I'm not real sure I want one.lol I was starring at my new jegs last night and noticed holly hp have 1000+ cfm 4150's. I thought that was kinda interesting. Oh and the other reason is I'm broke and I want to hear it run NOW. lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts