Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 899 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't attend the Bass Lake show this year, but from what I can see being posted, all of the photogs are concentrating on the "show boats" and racing engine equipped boats. I talked to Brian Lynch a while back about throphying a "pure ski boat class". Ski boats, you know, something custom built with a carbureted engine, seating for four, wet exhausts, no numbers, "zz Top" stripes, or 23 colors of candy?
Don't get me wrong, those of you who may know me, know that I own two for real drag boats, ( not cackle boats ), and I love 'em, but the custom hot ski boat deserves to get more print than it's getting. Elsewhere on this site, you can find the Stevens "Morning Wood", or Bandit's find "Agitator", a wooden hulled , Cadillac powered cream-puff. That's what I'm talkin about! Post your custom ski boats boys!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I didn't attend the Bass Lake shom this year, but from what I can see being posted, all of the photogs are concentrating on the "show boats" and racing engine equipped boats. I talked to Brian Lynch a while back about throphying a "pure ski boat class". Ski boats, you know, something custom built with a carbureted engine, seating for four, wet exhausts, no numbers, "zz Top" stripes, or 23 colors of candy?
Don't get me wrong, those of you who may know me, know that I own two for real drag boats, ( not cackle boats ), and I love 'em, but the custom hot ski boat deserves to get more print than it's getting. Elsewhere on this site, you can find the Stevens "Morning Wood", or Bandit's find "Agitator", a wooden hulled , Cadillac powered cream-puff. That's what I'm talkin about! Post your custom ski boats boys!

I hear ya. I'm trying to get there....give me a few more days and I'll have some pic's for ya. I like the sound of this thread! :happy:

·
Registered
20,029 Posts
SPIKE I WAS JUST AT IRVINE AND THE GUY LAUNCHED THIS,,,
AWSOME PAINT AND INTERIOR AND SEATS 5
COULD NT HEAR IT RUN IN THE WATER SO QUIET TILL IT TOOK OFF.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Only thing I see wrong is 99% of the people don't know the difference in the boats. Look to much alike.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only thing I see wrong is 99% of the people don't know the difference in the boats. Look to much alike.
With all due respect, this website is called "Performance Boats", and anyone viewing this site would likely be into performance boats. So,...you're saying to 99% of people looking here,that they are idiots, that they don't know, can't see the difference in these boats! YOUR words. Man, I disagree with you, but that's O.K., to each their own. You should simply post on another thread, that you agree with, and don't hijack this thread.
This is "Custom Ski Boats". To the 99% of "Performance Boats" viewers that "don't know anything", I appologise for this foregoing statement. If YOU dig custom ski boats, post away!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
DAMN. Never thought someone here had more attitude then Bob. Sorry. I guess I did not get my thoughts across like I meant. Carry on.

·
Registered
457 Posts
This is me driving and my buddy skiing at 7am on a fall morning. Lake water was warmer then the air. Photo was taken by a fella at the end of the lake using a telephoto lens.

Sorry the boats not more clear, but it's a great shot. I took a photo of the photo I have on my mantle...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, Spike needs to tone it down alittle or I am going to start getting accused of an alias.
Although I agree with Spike, Evilforce has a point. Way too many "performance boaters" wrote a check for their 100MPH cat. I've seen what you would think is a intelligent boater refer to my GN as jet boat.
you need a license to drive you need a license to fly you just need money to boat

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Spike

Thank ya for this thread! I also own 2 hydro,s but at this time in this old man,s life i have more fun with the old girl! We will have ta meet somtime! Cfw?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Bass lake boat show

I didn't attend the Bass Lake shom this year, but from what I can see being posted, all of the photogs are concentrating on the "show boats" and racing engine equipped boats. I talked to Brian Lynch a while back about throphying a "pure ski boat class". Ski boats, you know, something custom built with a carbureted engine, seating for four, wet exhausts, no numbers, "zz Top" stripes, or 23 colors of candy?
I agree with you MOSTLY!!!!
I judged at Bass Lake with my daughter, Denise Lalanne. She has a cabin about 1/2 mile from the show. She knows the difference between a flat bottom and a runner bottom and a pointed nose and pickle fork hydro. SOME OF THE JUDGES DID NOT KNOW !!! The painted class was the hardest to judge. The original gel coat class was a slam dunk. Brian had Mr. B B verify that it was original. There was a Rodgers Jet boat. It was owned by the original family. It had been in a pawn shop full of snow. The owners family lives at Bass Lake. This boat was built 1/2 mile from where I lived in the mid '60s in Lakewood. Last year the daily driver class was won by a Stevens, bought from the original owner after the husbands death. It had a wood deck and a 354 Chrysler. It was shown by Ron Dal Porto.
BACALLA was a early '60s Rich Hallett drag hydro built with twin engines/v-drives. The engines were counter rotating. Most of the hardware was original. This boat was voted the BEST RACE BOAT.
HARLAN ORRIN

1 - 20 of 899 Posts