Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a lousy Spring/Summer so far here in Michigan. Had a couple hot days than all week this week only in the 60's. Got an extra day cuz of the holiday and todays high 74. I think its just to damn cool to be on the water. My son says lets do it Dad. I have to think about it. Just wondering whats your cut-off temp is where you wont go out on the water. We dont have a long boating season here, but I want to be comfortable when am on the water. Thanks for reading.

· Registered
2,359 Posts
What a lousy Spring/Summer so far here in Michigan. Had a couple hot days than all week this week only in the 60's. Got an extra day cuz of the holiday and todays high 74. I think its just to damn cool to be on the water. My son says lets do it Dad. I have to think about it. Just wondering whats your cut-off temp is where you wont go out on the water. We dont have a long boating season here, but I want to be comfortable when am on the water. Thanks for reading.
Suite Up and go for it !!! Big fireworks display in Bay City tonight ! Great to be on the water and watch, just dress for it !!! You can even get one of those quartz heaters and plug it into your cigg lighter. It's ALL about hangin' out w/ the kid !!!!!!!!

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suite Up and go for it !!! Big fireworks display in Bay City tonight ! Great to be on the water and watch, just dress for it !!! You can even get one of those quartz heaters and plug it into your cigg lighter. It's ALL about hangin' out w/ the kid !!!!!!!!
You got that right. Its my weekend to have my boy, tomorrows high 78, might just hold off til then.

· Adrenaline Junkie
92 Posts
I can't remember a worse spring/summer here in the Northeast. Since bringing my boat back from Havasu in April, I have only been able to be on my boat 5 days due to this crappy weather.

I was commenting to my wife last night as we were sitting in our living room (we look out over the water here) - it had rained every day this week, and we were in between thunderstorms, and there were literally a handful of boats that shot out to try and get some water activity in. It was 68 degrees and breezy, with about 1 hour of daylight left - but we're so desperate here, people were waterskiing, wakeboarding and boating over to the BaySide (a local watering hole on the water), just to maintain some level of sanity.....yes and I was one of them - took my daughter over to the Bayside on the Jetski for dinner.

Last summer was pretty damp, but this summer has been a washout so far. Hopefully July/August will salvage it for us.

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't remember a worse spring/summer here in the Northeast. Since bringing my boat back from Havasu in April, I have only been able to be on my boat 5 days due to this crappy weather.

I was commenting to my wife last night as we were sitting in our living room (we look out over the water here) - it had rained every day this week, and we were in between thunderstorms, and there were literally a handful of boats that shot out to try and get some water activity in. It was 68 degrees and breezy, with about 1 hour of daylight left - but we're so desperate here, people were waterskiing, wakeboarding and boating over to the BaySide (a local watering hole on the water), just to maintain some level of sanity.....yes and I was one of them - took my daughter over to the Bayside on the Jetski for dinner.

Last summer was pretty damp, but this summer has been a washout so far. Hopefully July/August will salvage it for us.
I hear ya. Been out only 4 times here in Mich. Thinking today might be best because some peeps might be working, and tomorrow might be a mad house cuz of the 4th. Lets hope its a better July/Aug.

· Registered
2,573 Posts
No cut off temp here. If the wind ain't blowin then I head to the Lake. Well except Holidays and weekends. Havi was gettin busy yesterday afternoon so I'm sure it will real busy today thru Monday. Just hangin out today doin chores and drinkin alone.:D

· Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Today was nice. Got to take the hydro out on the Saginaw Bay. :)devil

· "The" masheenist
5,381 Posts
Ya, you whiner!! haha

Could be worse. At least you are ABLE to go boating!!

Brian

Cut off temp? Suck it up and go for it.

· Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cut off temp? Suck it up and go for it. Life is too short, if it's not monsooning out then its ok boating weather and that's what memories are made of. ;)

Other than that, I prefer mid 80's :D
OK tough guy!!!!;) 82* 7 mph wind today. Now thats what am talking about. The boy and I had a great day. :)

· Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Ran in 3 1/2 to 4's in Tawas Bay Sat. WOW ! What a Buzz !!!! Actually to boat didn't handle it too bad, if my motor would have quit I definately would have been F#$%ed !!!:D
You should have seen me jumping waves at Wixom.:))eek:)) Didn't stay there long.:)st

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.