Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was told that if I want to run a big roller cam I needed to extend the Collector in the tails as much as possible. So with my friends help( Can Tig like a Mother F ER) We cut em up and ended up anding 11 inches to the original inside pipe. I used 304 Stainless on the 4 inch inside and the 5 inch outside. Starting the come together. Here are some pics from last weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
You can order them with extended collectors when you buy them. At a certain point no matter how long you extend the collectors, water can be pulled up from outside the boat. Give Jan a call and tell him what your plans are to ensure you don't bust a valve. He has been very helpful to me in the two sets that I have bought from him.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can order them with extended collectors when you buy them.
I like doin it the hard way.:bangmyhead: I wanted to fit them up so the collector would dump right at the tips so custom to my boat is a lot easier for me then giving dimesions over the phone. I got a really good deal on these headers on ebay( They were brand new) before I knew that I needed to extend anything. When I called lightning they were really nice on the phone and said they could extend them, great product. I can say that after opening them up:)grn.

·
Registered
416 Posts
We run a few cam's in the .700 lift area with around 280 @ .050 with the stock collector length and have zero reversion problems!!

How much cam are you trying to run??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am going to change them a little and install Evac tubes before I go any further. As far as exhaust flappers they stop water from getting in but doesnt stop where the water and exhaust meet inside of header. I didnt want to take a chance since I have had serious failure when I got a Manley Severe Duty exhaust valve wet. Better Safe than Oh SH*% Later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Not this topic again , reversion , flappers ,water jacketed:cool:

lets talk about how my boat will beat your boat then.just sayin
There's two things that usually are done when participating in a tech forum.
1. Give constructive comments.
2. Seek constructive comments.
You've done neither. You decided to take the pompous route by saying this topic has been beaten to death. Last time I checked I have yet to see anyone post modifications to lightning headers. If you're boat is faster than mine, congratulations, you're faster than a 43 year old ski boat. I wouldn't know because I've never met you, nor have I seen your boat run.

To the OP, sorry that this has happened to your thread.

·
I do all my own stunts.
1,599 Posts
Wow, your'e clearly the winner here. Keep shining with your wonderful forum posts.
dont worry sandeggo..... lupo can race u in ur heavy small block schiada flat and beat u, then ill beat him in my winger. winger vs winger. then we can have a beer and he can sit there with the sand in his panties about bringing up topics that may have been elaborated on somewhere on the internet.

·
Registered
836 Posts
nice job extending the jacket. i only extended mine down halfway, but pretty cool idea. dont forget to weld up the ends (leave some drain holes) so that they retain water, otherwise it'll all go to the bottom and the top will be hotter than hell... ask my gf's leg.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts