Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been doing all kinds of things to my CVX since I bought it 16 years ago- I am writing it all out, bit by bit, and posting it over at Classic Glastrons forum, under projects...If you guys want, go check it out; Made a couple of custom windshields, replaced the floor, mini "rail" engine mounting, etc.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The back end looks so much like a C2 vette- I remember the "Corvette" boat that was a ski boat with Vette taillights and an LS engine from a decade ago.....Give me a break! The CVX-20 with an LS7(Slightly milder cam for say 450 @ 5300) would be THE "Corvette" boat.....Mine has a 460, but I was a "Ford" man growing up...Until I realized that all car makers have their good points- and bad ones! If I get my gumption up and go ahead and splash this boat, I want to put that engine in it....But I don't really have the money for a $16,000 engine! But any LS with maybe a stroker crank would be light and powerful.....

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you have one- I always am checking out your posts here because it's nice to KNOW what to do. I would have felt kinda bad modifying the CVX, but it came to me with "A lotta miles on her"......She'd been painted(Suspect the gel is cooked), interior replaced- not a good job and the wood underneath was going, windshield missing, etc. The idea for the design of my windshield came from the G/C 80s bow riders windshield. And the canvas top that folds in the rear for access- not very pretty, but I've been in the rain on Trinity driving where a bimini would have been useless.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know you have one- I always am checking out your posts here because it's nice to KNOW what to do. I would have felt kinda bad modifying the CVX, but it came to me with "A lotta miles on her"......She'd been painted(Suspect the gel is cooked), interior replaced- not a good job and the wood underneath was going, windshield missing, etc. The idea for the design of my windshield came from the G/C 80s bow riders windshield. And the canvas top that folds in the rear for access- not very pretty, but I've been in the rain on Trinity driving where a bimini would have been useless.
love the way it looks but I need seating for 6 lol

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
love the way it looks but I need seating for 6 lol
Well, actually the back seat is wide enough to hold 4 people- but they gotta be friendly! I prefer(And grew up with) the 6 passenger seating with two jump-seats in back and back-to-back sleeper seats up front...I had kinda wanted a CV-19SS jet- which is like that but doesn't have the fold down sleeper seats....Was planning on converting it- I was going to save the originals and make the conversion reversable......On the CVX-20, it was already not stock, so I went with what worked....

Amazingly, there are almost no new boats made with those back-to-back sleeper seats- I love sleeping in the boat on them....I can remember the quiet little tip-slap of wavelets on the side/bottom of the boat in the night....Don't get better than that! Except when I woke up at midnight to a lightning storm on Trinity- Wow! Please rain this winter and fill my lake up so I can go back up there!

The pics 1) Trinity 0 feet down (2011), 2) 20 feet down(2012) and 3) 46 feet down(2005-2006-not sure when!) Now it's down 140 feet!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want you guys to know, there was some serious soul-searching on doing the windshield...It wasn't an easy decision....But I'd driven a buddy's Kona Lo-pro back years ago in the Delta- something black about 2 inches in diameter went between us- "What was that?" My buddy smiles, "Probably a bumble bee!".....This made me flash back to when another buddy caught the south end of a north-bound bee....It looked like he had a GOLFBALL surgically imbedded under the skin on his forehead! Yikes!!!
I have posted quite a bit of info and pics over at Classic Glastron, if you guys are interested.....My next "installment" is going to be about how I made the "Billet" parts for the boat.....

Attachments

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't exactly know what's going on, but the Classic Glastron website is down...Of course, right when I start posting all my work over there! I hope it comes back up- if not, I may put the info on here- I have approx' 5 big posts, and (HaHa) I have them saved on my email!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I signed up again over there a week or two ago. I never received the confirmation email.

Looking forward to some progress pics. :))THumbsUp

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK....The Classic Glastron website went down for a couple of days- there was a message from a web development site....But now it's back up- Carlson-jet, you may want to attempt sign-up again...You might have become lost in the shuffle, somehow.

I'm about to post up the interior build-up, but I've run into a snafu- I only have prints of the pics of the rear seat during assembly, so I need them scanned in...I might be able to get my ex-GF to do it for me......If you don't hear back from me in a week, send help!:)Unsure

By the way, how do you post a video- I have a couple of cool ones of the boat, but I have a Macbook pro......So I can't get there from here, probably......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts