Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D21 Enterprises is proud to offer Daryl Collins billet v-drives. The Collins is the same v-drive that was built with and distributed by the late Ron Bracksma at RBR. This proven design has been around since June 2002.

It is 100% billet 6061-T6 aluminum. The 10 degree case has a raised water jacket to allow up to a 63% gear. This is a heavy duty 1/2" mid plate design to help control flex in your v-drive. The Collins v-drive uses off the shelf quality Casale parts. This is the same v-drive that was sold by Andy Casale but had the name Casale engraved on it by Daryl Collins.

Schiada Boats and D21 Enterprises will be the sole distributors for Collins v-drives.

D21 Enterprises will offer:

Front v-drive cases.

Rear v-drive cases.

Input flanges.

Output flanges.

Billet oil fill caps.

Whirlaway housing.

Shift boxes with covers.

Upper vented bearing caps.

Lower bearing caps.

D21 Enterprises has all parts in stock and ready to ship. Collins v-drives will be available for sale on our website within the week. If you need one now please give me a call at 925-323-9093

Thanks, Phil

Cases
Auto part Rim Automotive wheel system Automotive engine part Disc brake
Input Flange
Disc brake Product Auto part Rim Wheel
Output Flange
Flange Wheel Auto part Rim Automotive wheel system
Oil Fill Caps
Red Pink Violet Textile Magenta
Whirlaway Housing
Flange Product Auto part Rim Aluminium
Shift box with cover
Product Auto part Metal Aluminium Sight glass
Top bearing caps
Flange Wheel Auto part Rim Metal
Bottom bearing caps
Flange Rim Plumbing fitting Auto part Metal

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
D21 Enterprises is proud to offer Daryl Collins billet v-drives. The Collins is the same v-drive that was built with and distributed by the late Ron Bracksma at RBR. This proven design has been around since June 2002.

It is 100% billet 6061-T6 aluminum. The 10 degree case has a raised water jacket to allow up to a 63% gear. This is a heavy duty 1/2" mid plate design to help control flex in your v-drive. The Collins v-drive uses off the shelf quality Casale parts. This is the same v-drive that was sold by Andy Casale but had the name Casale engraved on it by Daryl Collins.

Schiada Boats and D21 Enterprises will be the sole distributors for Collins v-drives.

Front v-drive cases.

Rear v-drive cases.

Input flanges.

Output flanges.

Billet oil fill caps.

Whirlaway housing.

Shift boxes with covers.

Lower bearing caps.

D21 Enterprises has all parts in stock and ready to ship. Collins v-drives will be available for sale on our website within the week. If you need one now please give me a call at 925-323-9093

Thanks, Phil

Cases
View attachment 720729
Input Flange
View attachment 720737
Output Flange
View attachment 720745
Oil Fill Caps
View attachment 720753
Whirlaway Housing
View attachment 720761
Shift box with cover
View attachment 720769
Top bearing caps
View attachment 720777
Bottom bearing caps
View attachment 720785
Ron Braaksma and Precision Craft Marine were partners in this venture. I funded the program on this v-drive case, 100%. Ron handled the production side of these V-drive cases. I have never known "Collins" to produce our cases. Everyone played dumb on where all of my stuff ended up, when Ron died. I lost thousands of dollars and paid thousands of dollars to write this program over, and produce the V-Drives. Ron and I had the blessing from Andy Casale to produce these with the Casale name. If you feel its right to use my program to profit, then do so. Phil, I have always liked you, and I am not certain as to what information you have received, but If Collins built these for Ron, He needs to return the program to the rightful owner, and that is me.I have my invoices with documentation on this. I was assured that I owned the program and the cnc shop had knowledge of this.

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron Braaksma and Precision Craft Marine were partners in this venture. I funded the program on this v-drive case, 100%. Ron handled the production side of these V-drive cases. I have never known "Collins" to produce our cases. Everyone played dumb on where all of my stuff ended up, when Ron died. I lost thousands of dollars and paid thousands of dollars to write this program over, and produce the V-Drives. Ron and I had the blessing from Andy Casale to produce these with the Casale name. If you feel its right to use my program to profit, then do so. Phil, I have always liked you, and I am not certain as to what information you have received, but If Collins built these for Ron, He needs to return the program to the rightful owner, and that is me.I have my invoices with documentation on this. I was assured that I owned the program and the cnc shop had knowledge of this.
Hi Joe, I will not get in a pissing match on the forums. Please call me at 925-323-9093

So were clear. I do NOT manufacture these parts.

Per Daryl Collins of C&B Tools.
In 2002 a boat was being dropped off at Ron's shop for work by Bud Lenher (a friend of Daryl's father). Ron asked if Bud knew anybody who does CNC machine work. Bud said yes and gave Ron the number of Daryl Collins at C&B Tools. Ron contacted Daryl and brought cases over to him. Daryl gave Ron a quote for tooling, programming and finished parts. Ron said he doesn't pay for tooling or programming. This was after 9/11 so business was slow for Daryl who does aerospace machining. Daryl had the time and made the parts for Ron.

Daryl has all receipts for purchase of these parts since 2002 from Ron Bracksma at RBR. He doesn't know Joe Shelfo or Precision Craft Marine.

Daryl at C&B Tools also made these cases (5 to be exact) for Andy Casale with the Casale name on it.

Everyone on here knows I'm a straight shooter a stand by my word. I would not get involved with this deal in any way if I did not believe Daryls story.

Again, please call me if you have a minute.
cell 925-323-9093
Thank you, Phil

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to say I haven't heard from Joe.

How I see it. Daryl Collins made these parts for the late Ron Bracksma. Ron did not want to pay for programming or tooling, Daryl made them as a per piece price for Ron. Per Daryl, Ron made it real clear that no one was to know who he is and to keep the shop doors closed when he's making Ron's parts. Joe didn't even know who he was.

Daryl has no invoices or receipts from Joe Shelfo, also as stated by Joe he has never heard of Daryl Collins or C&B Tools. I've seen the program file dates as far back as 6/17/2002. Daryl has receipts and invoices from Ron and RBR only.

These parts sat from 2011 (the time of Ron's passing) until now.

I've done all I can to check into this before getting involved. I like Joe. he's a great guy and has done wonders for our hobby/sport but, I can't find the connection between him and the product besides selling them at his shop.

As before, Joe if you would like to talk to me on this feel free to call anytime. 925-323-9093

Thank you. Phil
D21 Enterprises

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Did Collins provide all the internals for those billet cases Phil? Or did those come from Andy? I'm in need of all the internals for a billet v-drive.:bangmyhead::bangmyhead:

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did Collins provide all the internals for those billet cases Phil? Or did those come from Andy? I'm in need of all the internals for a billet v-drive.
All internal parts are from Andy Casale. Collins provided the aluminum cases, caps ect..

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
I do not know who Collins is, I have never heard the name. I just know that I put a lot of trust in Ron Braaksma to produce the cases for us as partners to build and sell them. I paid Ron $8000. for the program. I am pretty burned out on boat guys in general. Just go ahead and sell them, It doesn't matter. There is nothing to talk about.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

Front v-drive cases.

Rear v-drive cases.

Input flanges.

Output flanges.

Billet oil fill caps.

Whirlaway housing.

Shift boxes with covers.

Lower bearing caps.

Thanks, Phil

Cases
View attachment 720729
Input Flange
View attachment 720737
Output Flange
View attachment 720745
Oil Fill Caps
View attachment 720753
Whirlaway Housing
View attachment 720761
Shift box with cover
View attachment 720769
Top bearing caps
View attachment 720777
Bottom bearing caps
View attachment 720785
Bad ass as always Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
So the guy really doesn't get along with boaters, is tired of dealing with them. He closes up shop, takes his marbles and goes home. Then a person with vision and a marketing plan get's an idea, announces it to the world, and the marble shooter gets "BUTT HURT"? Now I get it.

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
So the guy really doesn't get along with boaters, is tired of dealing with them. He closes up shop, takes his marbles and goes home. Then a person with vision and a marketing plan get's an idea, announces it to the world, and the marble shooter gets "BUTT HURT"? Now I get it.
My point was that I got jacked. By who? Maybe Ron? Maybe someone else, I am not sure. I closed my shop because I am tired of leasing. I am purchasing a building. It bothers me that I poured over $25000. into building these cases,( I have done it twice) and after Ron Died, No one knew anything about this. Keep in mind, Myself and Mike DeClark were the only people that stepped up to the plate to have a service for Ron at our NJBA event at Elsinore. All the while, others had there sites set on getting all of Rons belongings. I would never piss on Phil or his fine products. I sold his products. I wish him luck in this business, its almost impossible to make a profit, legitimately. Yes, I get pissed off easy, Its a flaw that I live with. Yes, I sometimes do not get along with others, that is another flaw of mine. Maybe you might have a little understanding of some of these events that happened when Ron Passed.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have known Phil my entire life and I will tell you he is very concerned and thorough in researching these kinds of things, to make sure he is not stepping on toes. We have been around boating since the mid 70's as little kids and we have heard several of these kind of stories growing up throw the years. I can tell you this has been a big concern of his, ever since he started selling any of his products. My point is Phil would never intentionally use someone else s ideas for his own. Anybody that has ever talked to him about this stuff would know exactly where he stood.

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My point was that I got jacked. By who? Maybe Ron? Maybe someone else, I am not sure. I closed my shop because I am tired of leasing. I am purchasing a building. It bothers me that I poured over $25000. into building these cases,( I have done it twice) and after Ron Died, No one knew anything about this. Keep in mind, Myself and Mike DeClark were the only people that stepped up to the plate to have a service for Ron at our NJBA event at Elsinore. All the while, others had there sites set on getting all of Rons belongings. I would never piss on Phil or his fine products. I sold his products. I wish him luck in this business, its almost impossible to make a profit, legitimately. Yes, I get pissed off easy, Its a flaw that I live with. Yes, I sometimes do not get along with others, that is another flaw of mine. Maybe you might have a little understanding of some of these events that happened when Ron Passed.
Thank you Joe.

What your deals were with Ron is none of my business and I'm keeping it that way. We've always gotten along in business and at the lake. Tony Leaman and I were at the bar with you at Elsinore for Ron's service and it was obvious you were pretty broke up. It was a sad day.

I think we both agree there's not enough money in this to start a bunch of drama.

Good luck to you Joe and hope to do business with you again when you re-open.

Phil

·
Registered
939 Posts
casale

I bought a Watercraft Hydro, and with it came an 8* Casale V-Drive. when I called Andy about it he was very reluctant to give me any info, rather quized me on where I got it. Seems when Ron passed, a bunch of his stuff dis-appeared, like my V-drive. After explaining I purchased it from Bob McIntire he backed off. Was willing to talk. I sense it's a hot spot.

Joe Shelfo came by my shop and has seen it too. Says I should run my older Casale. I'm want to run this other unit just for nostalgic sake.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Nothing more frustrating than losing stuff I'll tell ya :blush::kissing_heart:
It's way past being FUNNY Raymond. I can take it with the best of them. And I did until I started hearing BS...Every dog has its day. And I can't wait until some of those people become the fire hydrants that I'll piss on...:)devil

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Hey Phil, I forgot to ask you the other night about a shift cover for a locking handle?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts