Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I get up this morning and go out to my Van and start it up. I then hear a loud noise like my Van has transformed into a monster truck. I then shut off the motor thinking my muffler must have a hole in it.

I then look under the van an some low f*cking life cut out the catalytic converter :):)punch

I mean WTF my driveway is well lite and the van was park close to the garage. I wish I would have caught the low life:):)punch:(:(:(:(:):)punch

I then go to the muffler shop to replace it, they tell me due to new california laws that year convertor has to be bought at the dealer. So I go to the mazada dealer and then tell me it's 900.00 WTF

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
That sucks and agree that the new CA law SUCKS.

Almost like CA is trying to help save the parts dept of the dealer. Another thing is that you can not buy catalytic converters from the junk yard.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
well I get up this morning and go out to my Van and start it up. I then hear a loud noise like my Van has transformed into a monster truck. I then shut off the motor thinking my muffler must have a hole in it.

I then look under the van an some low f*cking life cut out the catalytic converter :):)punch

I mean WTF my driveway is well lite and the van was park close to the garage. I wish I would have caught the low life:):)punch:(:(:(:(:):)punch

I then go to the muffler shop to replace it, they tell me due to new california laws that year convertor has to be bought at the dealer. So I go to the mazada dealer and then tell me it's 900.00 WTF
we do those for 240....obd11

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts

That suks, lots of that crap going on everywhere. Last year every once and awhile I would hear the next poor guys car fire up in the morning missing his converter. They finaly caught the jerks, they lived near by.
As things get worse crime goes up...............

·
6,873 Posts
Just roll like the old days...
GHETO HOOP RIDE......
You know how we roll...

Sorry to hear that mel...

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
Sorry Mel, I have heard of this but never knew anyone it has happend to. Did not know about the new law???

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Mel call my brother he owns a muffler shop semi close to you in Murrieta
see what he can do for you.I'm sure he's got some aftermarket cat converters cheaper than that,tell him i sent you.
Dennis 951-698-7805

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Welcome to the redistribution of wealth. Sucks don't it!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mel call my brother he owns a muffler shop semi close to you in Murrieta
see what he can do for you.I'm sure he's got some aftermarket cat converters cheaper than that,tell him i sent you.
Dennis 951-698-7805
thanks will do they put a test pipe on it for now until I get one

·
AKA Janda
261 Posts
Thats unbelievable that someone would do that in your driveway.
I'd have to say thefts like that always seem to happen on Sundays late

·
Social
1,250 Posts

That happened to a friend of mine here in town, in the driveway right out of her mini van??

Sorry to hear Mel.

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
I dont care who passed it, it's the theft that pissed me off
Of course, I understand completely. I too would be MOSTLY pissed about the theft by some subhuman.
But the demoncrat (in ALL likelyhood) law mandating who you can purchase a replacement from would've pissed me off almost as much.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts

Wouldnt you just like to shoot those motherf**kers...I hate thieves and their lives have little value to me

1 - 20 of 66 Posts