Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get this.... I swapped out some Berkeley stuff on my new-to-me cruiser with some American Turbine goodies I had lying around the shop from my old boat. I spun 100 more rpm WOT (4900) changing from an aluminum AA to an stainless A impeller, 100 less rpm for cruise speed (3300), and the boat needed much less rpm to get on plane from a stop. And I haven't even bolted a loader up yet! Here's the old and new setup:

old:

-Berk JG bowl
-alum A2 berk impeller
-place diverter w/ droop

new:

-AT berk-energizer bowl
-stainless A impeller
-same place diverter w/droop

The AT turbine trim I had wouldn't work. I tried bolting it up, but the tiller arm is so much wider than the place diverter's that the setup just won't work without changing the steering a bit. It was binding the cable. Anyway, I bolted the place diverter back on and ran with it.

I didn't get a GPS run yesterday since the water was pretty rough, but I did manage to beat a much smaller jet in an impromptu drag race....lol. :D

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Get this.... I swapped out some Berkeley stuff on my new-to-me cruiser with some American Turbine goodies I had lying around the shop from my old boat. I spun 100 more rpm WOT (4900) changing from an aluminum AA to an stainless A impeller, 100 less rpm for cruise speed (3300), and the boat needed much less rpm to get on plane from a stop. And I haven't even bolted a loader up yet! Here's the old and new setup:

old:

-Berk JG bowl
-alum A2 berk impeller
-place diverter w/ droop

new:

-AT berk-energizer bowl
-stainless A impeller

The AT turbine trim I had wouldn't work. I tried bolting it up, but the tiller arm is so much wider than the place diverter's that the setup just won't work without changing the steering a bit. It was binding the cable. Anyway, I bolted the place diverter back on and ran with it.

I didn't get a GPS run yesterday since the water was pretty rough, but I did manage to beat a much smaller jet in an impromptu drag race....lol. :D
Stay away from the logs there "Jumper"!

·
Registered
931 Posts

old:

-Berk JG bowl
-alum A2 berk impeller
-place diverter w/ droop

new:

-AT berk-energizer bowl
-stainless A impeller

What are you doing with the berk parts you removed? I cavitated my 12jg. I am looking for the bowl, impeller.:)hand

1 - 6 of 6 Posts