Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You and your stupid drunk boating thread not only made me laugh, but now had me craving rack of lamb. :|err Who gots the flavorful recipie for a nice lamb?

:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, got salt and pepper... Now what? Stare at the fuggen thing??? :D
I figured you knew how to cook!!! First you take the shiny stuff off of the meat...that's stretch wrap.
Next find a rectangle metal object in the cupboard near the stove. That would be a baking pan.
Am I going to fast???hil:)

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
You and your stupid drunk boating thread not only made me laugh, but now had me craving rack of lamb. :|err Who gots the flavorful recipie for a nice lamb?

:D

lol.....When you roast them in the oven set them up so they are bone to bone and the meat is not on the pan bottom.

Mix fresh pressed garlic, good olive oil and melted butter and pour that over the lamb. Be liberal with it.

Cook at between 350-375 for apx 20-25 minutes. When it starts to bead up on top of the lamb then turn them where the meat is on the bottom. Cook it for about another 10 minutes or until it is done to your liking. We eat them with no blood in them but don't want them dried out.

That should do the trick. Roast some vegtables and you are good to go :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
You're a regular comedian. :D Will you be performing all weekend?

Thanks guys. :)devil
Hey!!! Nobody calls me regular and gets away with it!!!;)
I agree 100% with Dilligaf except for the garlic! You don't want to over cook the lamb but on the same side of that coin...med rare is a no go!
I love the taste of lamb just the way it is! Beef too for that matter! Salt and ground black pepper and that's pretty much it. I do use Schillings Cajun seasoning on steaks. Nuthin' tastier!!!
But not on Roast Beef! I cook beef on the rare side of med rare.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree 100% with Dilligaf except for the garlic! You don't want to over cook the lamb but on the same side of that coin...med rare is a no go!
I love the taste of lamb just the way it is! Beef too for that matter! Salt and ground black pepper and that's pretty much it. I do use Schillings Cajun seasoning on steaks. Nuthin' tastier!!!
I like my meat on rare/ medium rare side. If it isn't dripping in juices, its no good. Seems to hold true for a lot of things. :D

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Personal choice is what it comes down to. I cook a mean steak and only use sea salt and pepper.

Well.....WD, how did it turn out?

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Personal choice is what it comes down to. I cook a mean steak and only use sea salt and pepper.

Well.....WD, how did it turn out?

It is all personal choice. Being from the garlic Capitol of the world, garlic is a huge staple to me. Prime rib gets salt and pepper and rosemary. I was unfortunate in finding a true rack of lamb, so we did lamb chops, pan seared with olive oil, rosemary, garlic and pepper. It turned out fantastic. The wifey thought it to be "gamey" but it went well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is all personal choice. Being from the garlic Capitol of the world, garlic is a huge staple to me. Prime rib gets salt and pepper and rosemary. I was unfortunate in finding a true rack of lamb, so we did lamb chops, pan seared with olive oil, rosemary, garlic and pepper. It turned out fantastic. The wifey thought it to be "gamey" but it went well.
Good to hear! I'm on the way to the patio right now to BBQ a herd of cattle~:|err:|err:|err I need a beer!

·
Still Boatless :-(
552 Posts
Ok, got salt and pepper... Now what? Stare at the fuggen thing??? :D

Those frozen rack of lamb from New Zealand at Costco are great....best to BBQ. Bring it to room temp, cover with kosher rock salt and pepper, put on the BBQ, pre-heated real hot, brown both sides (a couple minutes per side) then turn down the BBQ or put it on a cooler area of the BBQ, close the lid and cook until the inside is about 140 to 150 degrees.

One rack will feed 2 guys and 2 girls (if you got other stuff or not real hungry). I usually BBQ 2 of them, the leftovers are great!

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
You are from Gilroy? I am from the Monterey Bay...Marina to be exact. 9 kids in my family went to Seaside High School. Including me that makes 10 and that wasn't all of us....

:)

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are from Gilroy? I am from the Monterey Bay...Marina to be exact. 9 kids in my family went to Seaside High School. Including me that makes 10 and that wasn't all of us....

:)
I'm sure youre familiar with a little area between Prunedale and Castroville called Oak Hills (no, not Jacksonville) I lived there as a kid for a few years. Went to Gambetta and North Monterey County HS. The good ol Giant Artichoke. Hated it there, mom sent me to dear old dad and that was Morgan Hill. Live Oak HS. That was my home, should have moved there sooner.

Seaside, CA, know it well. Stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach when we moved from Merced to the area. That little pond inland, remote controlled boat races. :D I think that was by kmart. All the ice plant. Salt, fog, rust. Fort Ord Hueys thumping windows cruising 5 choppers wide. I was there when one lost the main rotor nut on the 101. Monterey Bay, great food, Cannery Row, the wharf. My wife and I went back 2 years ago and did all that stuff from when I was a kid. I had to take her to the Edgewater Packing Company. Remember that place, with the penny arcade and the merry go round inside? Well, its boarded up and in ruins.

Sorry, I thought it was Seaside, not Marina, but hell they were right next to each other.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
I'm sure youre familiar with a little area between Prunedale and Castroville called Oak Hills (no, not Jacksonville) I lived there as a kid for a few years. Went to Gambetta and North Monterey County HS. The good ol Giant Artichoke. Hated it there, mom sent me to dear old dad and that was Morgan Hill. Live Oak HS. That was my home, should have moved there sooner.

Seaside, CA, know it well. Stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach when we moved from Merced to the area. That little pond inland, remote controlled boat races. :D I think that was by kmart. All the ice plant. Salt, fog, rust. Fort Ord Hueys thumping windows cruising 5 choppers wide. I was there when one lost the main rotor nut on the 101. Monterey Bay, great food, Cannery Row, the wharf. My wife and I went back 2 years ago and did all that stuff from when I was a kid. I had to take her to the Edgewater Packing Company. Remember that place, with the penny arcade and the merry go round inside? Well, its boarded up and in ruins.

Sorry, I thought it was Seaside, not Marina, but hell they were right next to each other.
We used to play the table soccer at the Edgewater. There were some very good players there that played for big money.

I have a sister that lives in Oak Hills, a brother in Prunedale, another sister in Salinas and another brother that not too long ago moved out of Pebble Beach.

That little park with the RC's....yes, I know it but we did other things there also....lol

I am not 100% sure but now possibly the Marina kids go to N Monterey County instead of Seaside.

Sincal---who doesn't post on here but used to on HB is still in Prunedale. He has two daughters that graduated from NMC.

Remember the Boiler Room on Cannery Row? I don't know your age but I think they eventually went out of business and it was a long time ago. Sly McFlys also down on the row?

We actually grew up on Ft Ord and then moved into Marina by the 12th street gate--Closeby-- and grew up there.

Small world :)

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paul Wallace...the man who got me into this jet boating thing still lives in Prunedale. I was 2-3 years old when I went out on his boat in San Jose back in the 70's. His boat was stolen a few years ago, had a nice 455 in it. He's my Dad's age, and Paul and I are still best of friends.
How about the restaurant "The Oz"?

·
Registered
197 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts