Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Toeheads
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install some trim tabs on my 25ft Nordic rage. Are Bennetts going to get the job done or do I need high performance Danas? I'm running a stock 496 HO.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
How fast will the boat run? Bennett Sport tabs will take you to about 70. I can supply you with either.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have Bennett's on my Checkmate. They are the best thing that I have done to my boat. My boat runs about 70 and there is zero minuses to them. Some of the others are really cool, but the price for them is absurd.

·
Toeheads
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, anything billet is ridiculous. What size do you recommend, 30x9? I'm not looking for speed just balance and stability, I sometimes get nasty chine walk in rough waters. And are they through bolted? Or "lagged" in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Bennett's on my Checkmate. They are the best thing that I have done to my boat. My boat runs about 70 and there is zero minuses to them. Some of the others are really cool, but the price for them is absurd.
Hi Checkmate 21 I am going to be installing Bennett tabs on my Checkmate, and you send me a few pictures of your installation?

Thanks

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
For balance and stability, I would go with something longer and stronger like the Dana's. You can move them further towards the outside and get more stability because of the leverage with less drag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts