Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure where to start with this thread, but here goes.

I have a Commander Signature 26". I am well aware of the general opinion on Commander Boats. I have had this boat for four years now and have no major complaints.

My question is this.... I have been shopping around for insurance, and I have had some some difficulty getting a quote. I have found people saying they will not insure this hull for over 425hp and they will not say specifically why.

Does anybody know if there is some inherent danger with this hull ?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
Jamie were you able to get him insured???

JW

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping to find out if anybody has heard of any safety issues with this hull being overpowered??

I have insurnace through State Farm, but have been shoping around.

**Jamie, still no reply form anybody??

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I had a 1999 26' signature with a 502. Was told by Steve that the hull was good to 80-85mph. Never had any problems

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a 1999 26' signature with a 502. Was told by Steve that the hull was good to 80-85mph. Never had any problems
Thanks, I was hoping another owner would have some input. How fast was yours by the way, and did you have external steering?

·
Insurance Agent!
735 Posts
I was hoping to find out if anybody has heard of any safety issues with this hull being overpowered??

I have insurnace through State Farm, but have been shoping around.

**Jamie, still no reply form anybody??

I was lead to believe from Devin that you guy's spoke. Is this "correct"? :)

·
Insurance Agent!
735 Posts
Jamie were you able to get him insured???

JW
He called Andy01. I was lead to believe this was being taken care of as of friday. I really dont see what the problem is.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I don't believe it has anything to do with the manufacturer. Most ins companies have a size to hp limit. They are usually around 27' or less no more then 500hp, if I remember correctly. Of course this changes with each ins company.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts