Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of rebuilding my 540 the recipe consist of the following.

4340 4.250 crank
4340 6.385 h-beams
10.3 to 1 pistons(119CC)...last go round it was 9 to 1
DART PRO 1 325 2.300/1.880
Custom cam(cstruab)
Lightning headers
Professional products single plane intake
850d/p
msd ignition

This is going in 29' warlock. My question would going to a Dart or Edelbrock single plane intake make any difference r maybe bigger carb

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i've got a straub cam and dart single on my 10.5 to 1 468 and its working awesome at 6100 wot:)devil i like the dart lil more than the edel, nicer intake imo you need a dominator on that thing, find a nice progressive linkage dominator 1050 for it.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
fyi, those professional product intakes are shitttttttttttt. the charge distribution is horrible, i've owned 1;) never could get the plugs nice till i got rid of that intake.

·
Some guy
3,634 Posts
The Dart intake is a nice piece.

On the other hand, we run Professional Products intakes on some circle track engines after finding out in dyno testing by a respected race engine builder, they made more horsepower than the Edelbrock. We get even plug readings.

I have a mint condition Dart single plane for standard deck, rect port, Dominator flange.

I also have a brand new polished Wieand single plane for standard deck, rect port, Dominator flange.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
What rpm range ?

I think I'd have a hard time going with anything less than a 1,050.

S CP :D

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Dart intakes aren't as good as Ede's out of the box. 850 might be a little small on that 540...if staying with the 4150 intake, I'd get the biggest carb you could like the 80496, or 80513, or go 4500 and put a 1050 on it like the 8082. As far as the ProProducts intake, I'd like to see their R&D...I'm not into supporting cheap copycat products. We're already losing too many of the guys that put this stuff on the map to imposters.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
In that case your 850 will be fine.

S CP :D

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Maybe that's part of why his max was only 5300...

·
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a sterndrive no need to turn anything above that. when i had the cam ground. i asked chris for a motor that would produce power that i could use versus peak torque at 6000 and never being able to reach that rpm. i hope you understand what im trying to say..

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Its a sterndrive no need to turn anything above that. when i had the cam ground. i asked chris for a motor that would produce power that i could use versus peak torque at 6000 and never being able to reach that rpm. i hope you understand what im trying to say..
I guess I don't...if you're not wanting to increase performance, then why did you raise the compression a full point, and what's the point of this thread??
FWIW...I have a Vic Jr in the parts section if you're interested...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
As far as the ProProducts intake, I'd like to see their R&D...I'm not into supporting cheap copycat products. We're already losing too many of the guys that put this stuff on the map to imposters.
It never ceases to amaze me how many people in this country assume their job isn't in jeopardy my chinese imports. I don't care if you work in a McDonalds, your job is on the line, because your customers worked for Edelbrock, Dart, World, etc. Just a little something to think about when you load the wife and kids into the Toyata and head for WalMart for a little Christmas shopping.:)hand

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
435 Posts
Toyota is a Japanese owned company and built right here in the usa. with american workers and american parts. they have plants all across the usa.
yes not every part is made in the usa but most are.
same deal with the big three automakers,parts are from everywhere.

also some (gm and cry) took bailout money and closed the usa plants but kept the plants in mexico open...

it's the government that is corrupt not the average jo buying what he can afford.

I agree anything bought at wall mart is suspect and you should look at the label for origin of manufacture, same goes for anywhere you buy anything. bass pro,target,any autoparts store, jegs,summit,epw,and the list goes on and on.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
shutyapiehole - I'd like to hear more about why you feel 5300rpm 'tops' is needed because of the sterndrive.

As far as the Prof Products intakes, this is like major dejavue. And yes, I agree about what Steel and GN7 said about these.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I don't buy the stuff because i can't AFFORD to, and I don understand why some do. but it really is a false economy when you do. And these Pro Products is by no means the worse offender. We all know of some others that are just flat out thieves. And some do take the hi road, possibly out of fear of bigger companies than Edelbrock and MSD.
http://www.proformparts.com/mistore/Wcaaba7f4775d9.htm

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont get caught in where thing are made. if can afford it i buy whats best for me. I support local and american bussiness when i can. I think the whole made in the usa thing is used to losely anyways.. I would love to know where edel,dart and all these guys by the alluminum from. I haul for an alluminum distributor and i have been to alot of places and was shocked to see who was using it......by the way it was coming from dubai

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
just sayin

I wouldnt use a professional products part as an anchor for my boat. Go Edelbrock or something.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts