Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a good data logger to monitor engine vitals such as air/fuel ratio, EGT, MPH, engine RPM and propshaft RPM for boat racing?

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
I have used the RacePak systems in auto drag racing, and I know they run them in TFH (Toxic Rocket specifically). Always had good results and the analysis software is pretty easy to use.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
RPM for the $$ can't beat it.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Piston in the Wind turned me on to RPM. Randy is a great guy. Very customer service orientated. In fact, I thought service like his did not exist anymore. He gives out his cell # and answers it 7 days a week if you have questions.
Check out insidetopalcohol.com and search it. He is recommended 3 or 4 to 1 probably.
Price is as good as any. Better than most.
If you want to upgrade your syswtem he takes your old one in on trade and gives full retail value towards the next step up.
He sold me a used logger and g meter at a good price. (looked new, not beat up, and same guarantee) He guarantees his stuff.
Tough to say enough good about him.
Wags

Oh, yea.. racepack is great $$
BP uses Autometer I think?? I'm sure he will chime in.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Oh, yea.. racepack is great $$
BP uses Autometer I think?? I'm sure he will chime in.
i use edelbrock quikdata from mpd... but i don't collect a bunch of engine stuff, like o2, afr, egt's, etc., with it. we gathered all that on the dyno while getting the tune up figured out. so now it's maintain it and run it....

we used racepak on the progasser 11 years ago, and some guys are still using it. racepak's great. you an get about 4 million data inputs, which is handy when you have 5 minutes to download between rounds and figure out what you might want to change for the next pass... :)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
we used racepak on the progasser 11 years ago, and some guys are still using it. racepak's great. you an get about 4 million data inputs, which is handy when you have 5 minutes to download between rounds and figure out what you might want to change for the next pass... :)
Yeah, I can see where that would be a major concern at your age.:)hand Just doesn't process input as fast as it once did does it.;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Yeah, I can see where that would be a major concern at your age.:)hand Just doesn't process input as fast as it once did does it.;)
:D that's right! keeping it simple... age and treachery gn, age and treachery. :)devil

i think it processes at the same rate. just less patience...

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
What about Altronics anyone use them before?

I've ran the red alert egt deal it works but hit and miss. The rpm will work with mags with no emi problems. One good thing about the red alert if the egt gets too high it has an output that can run a enrichment device.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Who makes a good data logger to monitor engine vitals such as air/fuel ratio, EGT, MPH, engine RPM and propshaft RPM for boat racing?
Just about any popular EFI ecu has more available datalogging capacity then you would ever need. And it controls the engine as a small side benefit. :D

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I`m glad someone thought of asking

I`ve been talking with a few V-Drive guys that have data deals & I know all the fast jet guys have them. Great thread BTW

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just about any popular EFI ecu has more available datalogging capacity then you would ever need. And it controls the engine as a small side benefit. :D

I like this idea that way if I ever go to EFI I already have something I can use. Unchained what system do you use?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts