Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some ideas on pluming a set of daul cabs sideway mounted,will a 2 port regulator work fine or will a 4 port be better? here's what I'll be running 2 750 Quickfuel post some pics Thanks BOOST

Attachments

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Kinda hard to see..

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
My old set-up

A single 4 port regulator (of good quality!!) is the cleanest and easiest way to do it.
This will easily support 1000hp with the proper fuel pump.

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
A little copy paste

Info Jr's jet boat. We have 2 alcohol carbs and a Ron's Gold belt drive pump. #10 to a BG Y block #8 to the carb fuel lines and this bypass valve out of the top of the Y block. Enderle linkage

Some might say those #6 hard lines are too smalll for alcohol and the "T's" are restrictive and the fuel bowls do not hold enough or thats too much pressure. But idle pressure is 7 or 8 lbs and when the carbs are flowing fuel the pressure is 12 - 15 lbs. Since the float needle seats are open anyway pressure is not too high and feeds it plenty.

Attachments

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Not to jack the thread. But you have done a great job with this boat. Looks great.:)devil Did I miss the final build thread on this?
Thanks very much. It was a great project and I learned a ton. All in all I'm really happy with the outcome but have yet to leg it out as I've been struggling with setup issues. It's got a severe case of hop-skip-and jump. Tommy and Josh at JetBoatPerformance have been giving me some ideas so I can try to settle it down a bit.

Thanks again.......john

·
Registered
797 Posts
Four port reg and a single line to each bowl is the cleanest and cheapest way to go about it. I use a 4 port and 4 straight#6 done deal easy as it gets

1 - 20 of 68 Posts