Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
In Boat Shopping mode!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being out of the boating life style for 7 years me and the wife are ready to get back into it. We haven't nailed down an exact boat yet that we want, but we do have three that we are interested in and really like. One of these boats is the Daves Custom Boats FX28 Extreme. This boat seems that it has everything that we are looking for in a boat, but I can't find any info on speed nor very many photos. I want the boat to have at least the Mercury Racing 525 as the power plant. Does anyone have any experience with one of these boats, know the speed that this boat will run with the 525 and have any opinions on these boats. Thanks!!

·
New here
4,219 Posts
http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/110503-2004-dcb-fx-28-a.html?highlight=fx28

When looking for our boat, the wife and I sat down and went over do's and don'ts. Took a legal yellow pad and drew a line right down the middle. One column was WANT and the other was UNACCEPTABLE.

For instance, a WANT was molded swimstep - for one.

An UNACCEPTABLE was Volvo drivetrain.

Want, stepped hull.

Unacceptable, closed bow.

After that, we started looking at 26, 28 footers. Ended up with 30' for the same price.

·
Anger Management
302 Posts
Dcb

I have a 2004 FX Extreme, this boat with a 525 may do mid 70's if you know how to trim the boat out correctly. My boat is actually for sale if you want to take a look at it on offshoreonly.com it's the red and white on with the 540ci motor. Can't miss it. If you have anymore questions rregarding any FX feel free to email.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts