Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard David Carradine was founddead in his hotel room......

God's speed to a true legend that alwasy did it his way.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
I remember when Kung Fu came out and everybody was running around with nun-chucks....lol

Bruce Lee was pissed off big time he didn't get that role. He could not understand why they would hire a white guy when he was the real deal.

RIP

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I didnt see this post when I started the other

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31103217/?GT1=43001

Breaking news

updated 26 minutes ago
Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series “Kung Fu” who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room and is believed to have committed suicide.

Carradine was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family that included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.

In all, he appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby.

But he was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest traveling the 1800s American frontier West in the TV series “Kung Fu,” which aired in 1972-75.

He reprised the role in a mid-1980s TV movie and played Caine’s grandson in the 1990s syndicated series “Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.”

He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino’s two-part saga “Kill Bill.”

This story is still developing. Please return to msnbc.com for updates.

© 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
RIP David

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was talking about him just the other day with my son in law who didn't know who Carradine was.....I thought everyone knew who David Carradine was, but he didn't.

Anyway I was telling him about a Playboy article probably 15 years back that was just amazing. Carradine was such a character. He was making a western and had gone to the studio to get clothes he would be wearing and wore them 24/7 to get the feel of the character. They talked about partial bottles of Jack Daniels scattered all over his house apparently so he'd have a drink available when needed. Expensive guitars all over which he'd stop and strum when he got the feeling to play. It talked about his exotic cars, some running, some broken down and he had no DL due to tickets and failures to appear. He'd stiil get in one and blast through his Laurel Canyon neighborhood, sometimes getting caught and his agent or a family member would have to get the lawyers to get him released.....

Just such a character. I need to see if I can find the article. He'll be missed.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
His manager suspects foul play involved.....Murder

·
Registered
674 Posts
(CBS/ AP) The body of American actor David Carradine, best known for the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu," was found in a hotel room closet with a rope tied to his neck and genitals, and his death may have been accidental suffocation, Thai police said Friday.

The 72-year-old actor's body was discovered Thursday in his luxury suite at Bangkok's Swissotel Nai Lert Park Hotel. Police initially said they suspected suicide, though Carradine's associates had questioned that theory.

Police Lt. Gen. Worapong Chewprecha told reporters that Carradine was found with a rope "tied around his penis and another rope around his neck."

"The two ropes were tied together," he said. "It is unclear whether he committed suicide or not or he died of suffocation or heart failure due to an orgasm."

Thai police completed an autopsy on Carradine Friday but so far have not released the results.

Dr. Nanthana Sirisap, director of Chulalongkorn Hospital's Autopsy Center, told reporters that the autopsy was conducted because of the "unusual circumstances surrounding Carradine's death," but he did not elaborate.

Police Lt. Teerapop Luanseng had said on Thursday that Carradine's body was found "naked, hanging in a closet," and that police at the time suspected suicide.

But actor Michael Madsen, a longtime Carradine friend, said The Early Show Friday the suicide theory "doesn't make sense."

"I could never have imagined anybody like David, (who) was so full of life and so happy and working," Madsen said. "You figure somebody might do something like that when they're unemployed or destitute. He was working hard and having a good time."

"I spoke to his wife this morning," Madsen added, "and she really wants everybody to know that David was not suicidal. Certainly, I would have known about something like that. Depression wasn't really a part of his personality. Whatever causes people to have that emotion, he seems to have -- seemed to have gotten over it.

One of Carradine's managers, Tiffany Smith, of Binder & Associates, also dismissed the theory.

"All we can say is, we know David would never have committed suicide," said Tiffany Smith, of Binder & Associates, his management company. "We're just waiting for them to finish the investigation and find out what really happened. He really appreciated everything life has to give ... and that's not something David would ever do to himself."

Carradine had flown to Thailand last week and began work on a film titled "Stretch" two days before his death, Smith said. He had several other projects lined up after the action film, which was being directed by Charles De Meaux.

Carradine was "in good spirits" when he left the U.S. for Thailand on May 29 to work on "Stretch," Smith said.

"David was excited to do it and excited to be a part of it," she said by phone from Beverly Hills.

Filming began Tuesday, she said, adding that the crew was devastated by Carradine's death and did not wish to speak publicly about it for the time being.

Aurelio Giraudo, the hotel's general manager, said Carradine checked into the hotel May 31 and he last saw him June 3. He said Carradine chatted with staff and even played piano a few nights in the lobby as well as flute which the "guests really enjoyed."

"I was a fan. I had a very nice talk with him when he checked in," Giraudo told The Associated Press. "He was very much a person full of life. I mentioned to him that I had seen (the movie) "Crank" with my family and that was the last smile he gave me."

Giraudo said a chambermaid discovered Carradine's body, adding that she knocked and entered after there was no response. Police arrived shortly thereafter.

Carradine, a martial arts practitioner himself, was best known for the U.S. TV series "Kung Fu," which aired from 1972-75. He played Kwai Chang Caine, an orphan who was raised by Shaolin monks and fled China after killing the emperor's nephew in retaliation for the murder of his kung fu master.

Carradine also appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby.

He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part saga "Kill Bill." Bill, the worldly father figure of a pack of crack assassins, was a shadowy presence in 2003's "Kill Bill - Vol. 1." In that film, one of Bill's former assassins (Uma Thurman) begins a vengeful rampage against her old associates, including Bill.

© MMIX, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

***are you the Master of your domain???? *** Sienfield Cast

I beleive that gonna out with the Big O, is a Great way of doing it...:)devil

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Hmmmmmm......................

Those around him swear he wasn't suicidal. No reason thus far to suspect suicide was on his mind.

Found in a closet with a rope around his penis and his neck, hanging. Autopsy will show whether he strangled or maybe he had a heart attack?

Who knows. Sad that he was left that way if someone was in the room with him.

Regardless of his circustances, Godspeed David! May your life on the other side be a good as it was on this side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts