Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I would live to see the day of someone running EFI at the boat drags. :D

How did they do with it ?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Interesting set up. Wonder what the effects are with that blower...:confused:
She qualified with a 7.104 at 123.94 and lost 1st. rd with a 8.385 at 83.06.

The eight mile times were OK. I don't know if she had problems on the top end but the mph indicates that there was.

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
Dawn is a super nice gal. They had been battling problems for quite a while with that ProCharger deal only running in the 8's, but this year they've laid down some good numbers (mid to high 6's I think).

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
The NDBA rulebook states "Electronic or electrically controlled fuel systems designed to automatically sense and instantly adjust the fuel flow shall not be permitted on any supercharged engine." I wonder how they get away with running EFI since the ProCharger is a supercharger.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
The NDBA rulebook states "Electronic or electrically controlled fuel systems designed to automatically sense and instantly adjust the fuel flow shall not be permitted on any supercharged engine." I wonder how they get away with running EFI since the ProCharger is a supercharger.
i don't see any o2's in the headers , maybe its just a speed density set-up, which isn't much different than a mechanical injection deal other than the injectors are fired electronically. would have a base tune-up just like mechanical.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,095 Posts
I think I was told she ran a 6.70's(ish) at 184 (?) with the 565" 2,200+ hp bullet. Nice young lady, I stopped by to tell her congrats on her license.

Aftermath of 40 psi boost:

4 injectors per cly of alcohol ...:)grn :)grn :)grn

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I think I was told she ran a 6.70's(ish) at 184 (?) with the 565" 2,200+ hp bullet. Nice young lady, I stopped by to tell her congrats on her license.

Aftermath of 40 psi boost:

4 injectors per cly of alcohol ...:)grn

Sleeper CP

:)devil:)devil:)devil:)devil:D should've went mls:D

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
ndba rules state: Fuel Injection - Electronic or electrically controlled fuel systems designed to automatically sense and instantly adjust
the fuel flow shall not be permitted on any supercharged engine.

njba rules state: Mechanized fuel systems allowed. the injection system cannot be controlled by exhaust gasses.

ihba rules state: Mechanized fuel systems allowed. the injection system cannot be controlled by exhaust gasses.

it would seem like all three are saying the same thing???

jon, it was ashley ruf who got her pm license. dawn's had a pm license for quite awhile...

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe that refers to running a closed loop setup.
With an engine of that caliber you wouldn't want to run closed loop anyways.

Tuning the engine with two pairs of injectors would be a challenge.
I've never seen more than two injectors per cylinder even with Methanol.
Do the rules force them to use Methanol in that class ?

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
I believe that refers to running a closed loop setup.
With an engine of that caliber you wouldn't want to run closed loop anyways.

Tuning the engine with two pairs of injectors would be a challenge.
I've never seen more than two injectors per cylinder even with Methanol.
Do the rules force them to use Methanol in that class ?
I'm not sure, but I'm assuming they can use whatever fuel they want. I know Pro Mod guys running gasoline and Nitrous, so I guess the answer is no, the rules do not force them to use Methanol.

I read the rulebook as EFI is not permitted on any supercharged engine, period. Although that rule was probably written for roots superchargers with injector hats and EFI, it is what it is. I don't run Pro Mod and don't have a dog in this fight. I just find it interesting that they are using EFI and no one else is. Maybe there is some sort of loophole or something. I'll just stick to my barrel valve and Enderle pump. :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,095 Posts
Thanks Bob, I stand corrected, so those are the only two women with PM licenses ?

Mark this engine runs on gasoline with two carbs and no Nos in Pro-Mod:

813" 1,750 HP Kaase Ford. I'm still trying to figure out if it's the driver or the computer's, but this boat is just bad-ass. Cut's .0 lights every time and ran 7.03, 7.02,7.00 & 7.02 in the final for the victory against a 7.00.

Every other boat in Pro-Mod is supercharged, I think the Ford has won 3 out of the last 4 time's I've seen it run. Maybe all four (?) :)bulb

I think Dawn's boat runs methanol for the cooling affect w/ 40+ lbs of boost.

Sleeper CP

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
Thanks Bob, I stand corrected, so those are the only two women with PM licenses ?

Mark this engine runs on gasoline with two carbs and no Nos in Pro-Mod:

813" 1,750 HP Kaase Ford. I'm still trying to figure out if it's the driver or the computer's, but this boat is just bad-ass. Cut's .0 lights every time and ran 7.03, 7.02,7.00 & 7.02 in the final for the victory against a 7.00.

Every other boat in Pro-Mod is supercharged, I think the Ford has won 3 out of the last 4 time's I've seen it run. Maybe all four (?) :)bulb

I think Dawn's boat runs methanol for the cooling affect w/ 40+ lbs of boost.

Sleeper CP
That is an impressive piece! I think it runs some sort of a delay box setup, right? It sure sounds like it from standing on the bank.

Theresa Ward (Gus Ward's wife) also has a PM license.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,095 Posts
Better re-read the dyno sheets.
But it is one nice piece!
Am I short ? I think I was told in San Diego it's 1,775.

The new Kaase 820" Fords make 1,800+ w/no Nos. :|err :|err

So what's the number ? :)bulb

Sleeper CP

·
Registered
6,577 Posts

Sleeper CP
danny day has a capsuled hydro with a 470" comp engine in it, that runnered up to loomis in pro mod a few years back at chowchilla. dan doesn't run it much, but it DOES run.... i guess that means it takes an 800" ford to beat a 470" chevy??? :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,095 Posts
Bob,

There you go again trying to burst my bubble ;)

I'm guessing that comp engine is running some serious "juice" thru it. :|err

You did however leave out that a N/A Ford is beating Blown 540-565" Chebbies that are making more power ;) :)hand Just goes to show ya... we all see the world as we would like it to be :)grn

Sleeper CP :D

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
Bob,

You did however leave out that a N/A Ford is beating Blown 540-565" Chebbies that are making more power ;) :)hand Just goes to show ya... we all see the world as we would like it to be :)grn

Sleeper CP :D
But that 800" N/A Ford costs twice as much (probably more) than a blown 540-565" Chevy. Dollar for dollar, I'll stick with a blown Chevy anyday. :D

·
Just another Wannabe
1,202 Posts
They purchased that engine almost a decade ago. That has been some of the most reliable power of any out there. No-one can argue that. No matter what the insignia is on the valve cover. This one just happens to be a blue oval.
When they bought the engine, it was in the low 1500 hp range. It has been freshened many times, but the same main parts. It has increased in power, but it is not the latest and greatest stuff. It will now run deep into the 1600's. Great boat though. Good to see someone run hard and work on the thing very little.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts