Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always wondered the pros and cons and differences of each of these bitchin rides.

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
what are you hangin on the back single or twins !!!obviously you are talkin performance right ????? thats why you would want twin drags on the 22 dcb

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have a 21 daytona jet with a blown 502 and a dcb mach22 with a 300x and the jets definitely an eticket ride and fun to drive but the dcb is much more stable and a nicer ride through the chop. the daytonas my 2nd one i had an earlier model (92) with a i/o but got sick of workin on outdrives although that doesnt seem to be an issue with the new generation of outdrives.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I really like the new 22' Daytona....all new tooling, higher freeboard and updated bottom. Somebody here is putting in BIG power in one over the winter. Can't wait to see the results.

·
6,873 Posts
I love DCB, BUTTTTTTTTT the 22 daytona is the shitttttttttt, 22 DAYTONA all day long

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
I have to agree, from what I have been told, the new 22 Daytona rides more stable like a 25' boat. I had a 22 Daytona with a blackhawk drive/502 that ran mid 90's back in 1995.

·
Registered
358 Posts

I have to agree, from what I have been told, the new 22 Daytona rides more stable like a 25' boat. I had a 22 Daytona with a blackhawk drive/502 that ran mid 90's back in 1995.
How did you like the 22 with the black hawk, heard mixed opinions about how they come on plane and so forth, but that surface drive was quick

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
has anyone noticed ALOT more interest in these smaller less expensive boats over the last few months????????

Seems to a shift in many peoples thinking about boating...

I also think we will see MANY more performance boaters in pon-and Tri Toons more and more.

Think the HUGE MONEY, big gas, Huge INSURANCE P.I.T.A boating experence has taken a turn for the EZ'r smaller, less expensive....dealio.

HOPE Kevin at KMG sell's a ton of his new Mach22's, now that he bought the molds from DCB ! Anyone know what he's going to be calling them now? Also hope he gets the larger mold as well :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I had a 03 Daytona and now have a 07 new body style. The new body style is bigger deeper and drives like a 25 Daytona to me. With all that said, I still liked the old style wide open feeling, but my wife and kid love the new one.

Here are a few pics of the my new one. Bullheadbully has one also with twin out boards. I think he has run 118 but, I am coming to get you Paul :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
:)devilWow those posts from kilr and tobtek have to be the most educated things to ever come from their fingers!!! I take back all the bad stuff I USED to think about you two! JK. Hope all is well with all! Happy holidays all.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Didn't Dave buy his hulls from Bob Leach for a long time? I thought he just started laying them up himself?

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
I had a 03 Daytona and now have a 07 new body style. The new body style is bigger deeper and drives like a 25 Daytona to me. With all that said, I still liked the old style wide open feeling, but my wife and kid love the new one.

Here are a few pics of the my new one. Bullheadbully has one also with twin out boards. I think he has run 118 but, I am coming to get you Paul :D

Bring it on!!!! I'm in for 40 miles WFO....are you game?? Just say when...:)grn
I'll even let my new boat pass us both and video it....:D
I have a new single seat hot rod coming in a week.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Didn't Dave buy his hulls from Bob Leach for a long time? I thought he just started laying them up himself?

yes about a million years ago. that's way old news. There are some 21 Daytona's that DCB did for sale right now for CHEAP!

The MACH22 and 26 were all Dave. Think I still have the HotBoat article where it showed the plugs he built.

EVERYBODY started from somewhere.... NOT that big of a deal to me that Dave started by buying a few hulls from Bob. Dave has MORE then proven that he is ON TOP of the custom boat building Biz.

I'd be sporting a new 31 if the "WAF" was better...... Wallet affordability factor :p

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
I dont know about that 40 mile at WFO. But I do hope to get in the 120's. Lets here about that new one Paul.
Oh come on 40 miles runnin hard is what tests the equipment properly.

The new one is a single 300xs full power steering smartcraft setup...It is my new little personal hotrod...at least 115mph maybe 120.

Fuel range will be up to 250 miles.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts