Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Daytona 26 extreme makeover (updated 4.1.10)

Out with the 496 Mag / Bravo and in with a blown 509 / Max Machine XR. Previous top speed with the 496 Mag was 67 mph, it should go a bit faster now. :)devil

The 509 did 927 hp on the dyno. Its going to be a fun summer.

I'll post more pics as the build continues.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Out with the 496 Mag / Bravo and in with a blown 509 / Max Machine XR. Picking up the engine tomorrow and delivering to AJ at Savage Marine in Havasu for the re-rig. Previous top speed with the 496 Mag was 67 mph, it should go a bit faster now. :)devil

The 509 did 927 hp on the dyno. Its going to be a fun summer.

I'll post more pics as the build continues.
I'll be sticking close to this thread.:)devil.we have the same boat and will end up with the same power....

·
Registered
88 Posts
that is going to be SWEET!! Good luck with the rest of it man

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
NICE! Is that a 3.3 Whipple? mines ONLY a 2.3, but I love it! you won't be
dissapointed! you should be in the 100mph range for sure! don't forget to
up the prop size!:)devil

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, 3.3 whipple...........I think 110 is doable, maybe a little more if I go with a 1.35 drive ratio.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Funny, your pervious top speed of 67 will now be around your 3500rpm cruising speed. Should be a real screamer now on the water, very cool...

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Being able to cruise at what was originally your top speed in pretty cool.
someday i hope to be in the same with my boat. it just takes $$$$$$.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sweet deal...That boat should run 110, I just hope you were planning on asking santa for spare Bravo parts for Xmas :)

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
What are you doing with the 496? Just curious? Your boat is going haul the mail, should be fun. I think the drive will live if you care for it right those daytona bottoms don't stress the drive to much while on plain. Ask around, plenty of similar setups on the boards and in havasu. Best of luck.

·
?
154 Posts
You should haul a$$ with that set up. I remember a 26 Dayona with 975 hp and his top speed was 124mph. I think the boat's name was Red Zone?

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My engine builder gave me credit towards the build for the drive and motor. He will be selling it, if anyone wants his contact info shoot me a pm.

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
Congrats! :)devil I'm not trying to be a dick, but have you ever run a cat that hard? It's gonna be a fun boat for sure, but before you do some speed runs, make sure you have good conditions....I don't see a 26 eating up a big cruiser wake....:D

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My last cat that was smaller and went a bit faster, shouldnt be a problem if using common sense.

·
Slow Learner
909 Posts
Congrats! :)devil I'm not trying to be a dick, but have you ever run a cat that hard? It's gonna be a fun boat for sure, but before you do some speed runs, make sure you have good conditions....I don't see a 26 eating up a big cruiser wake....:D
26 rides great for the size and is significantly bigger feeling than the older school 25's... Should be fine with the same common sense that should be used in any size boat.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Bad ass build bro, thats how you do it!!! Cant wait to see the end results!!! :)devil

Travis

·
Registered
765 Posts
I just noticed this is one of Bruce's motors... I heard he was building marine engines now... should be interesting.... good guy to deal with for sure!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts