Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that the hatch is going to have to be modified on my Eliminator Daytona 26 to clear the new engine exhausts and blower. I have seen boats out there with a built up hatch, now I know why, anyone have any pics of a Daytona or something similar so I can get some ideas?

- Walt

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
user2743_pic668_1206117802.jpg

IMG_0184[1].jpg
Just found out that the hatch is going to have to be modified on my Eliminator Daytona 26 to clear the new engine exhausts and blower. I have seen boats out there with a built up hatch, now I know why, anyone have any pics of a Daytona or something similar so I can get some ideas?

- Walt
This is the 26 we purchased ( thanks Mike) this had the 14-71 sticking thru and has CMI exhaust..we purchased a scoop that will cover things up..there were no major mods to the hatch EXCEPT THE HOLE FOR THE BLOWER ( it's sitting on a intercooler)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Rick, did you end up taking the scoop off?

No have not yet. My two kids have been bugging me to do so. I need to wait until summer. We got caught in the rain a couple weeks ago. Without the scoop it would have been messy. With the scoop we just add a little duct tape to the opening and we are good. Anything I need to know other than taking out the screws?

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
26 daytona 572 intercooler and 14/71
Thanks for the pic. The hatch with the exception of the scoop looks almost exactly the same as mine, but it must have a higher clearance built in to clear the exhaust manifolds.

Did it come from Eliminator this way?

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Yes when I had the boat built I supplied the engine and drive as far as I know it is a standard height hatch. I know they set the x dimension were they wanted it and I had a 2 inch shorty drive so maybe the engine is 2 inches lower than normal ?

Thanks for the pic. The hatch with the exception of the scoop looks almost exactly the same as mine, but it must have a higher clearance built in to clear the exhaust manifolds.

Did it come from Eliminator this way?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts