Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the daytona rock project and was wondering if all daytonas are delta bottoms should I switch mine to a rounded pros and cons. My first tunnel.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I wouldn't mind knowing what a Daytona "Rock project" really is! any pics???
Thanks
P.S. majority of all of the fast Daytonas are rounded keel. flat keels are more of a I.O. and outboard deal IMO!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
If you ever plan on being fast, now's the time to fix the bottom. It's a lot easier and cheaper before the build.

·
southwindsforsure
645 Posts
the boat moving fast on the river somewhere and lost power an went shore climbing for a long ways and took alot of bottom damage:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
todd what kind if pic is that on your av? and why the hell isnt it bigger!
Its an "Underoos" ad, just trying to bring sexy back!...was catching a little heat with the others that have been posted, dont wanna piss off any of my fellow boater ya know?

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
I started the daytona rock project and was wondering if all daytonas are delta bottoms should I switch mine to a rounded pros and cons. My first tunnel.

flat keel will take a lot of hardware hanging down to keep it loaded,and this keeps it from any big gains in speed. The rounded keel is a dropped keep, preloading the pump, so the water it there with out having to dig for it, with hardware below the keel. Doing this allows the boat to pick up speed with out the extra hardware. This results in a faster, safer boat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts